Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2000 Wrangler Sport with 3.25" suspension lift. Daily Driver and weekend offroader. I have 32x11.50R15 now thinking of going to 33x12.50 or 34x12.50 as I dont think I can go larger than that. Because I do not go serious offroading not sure how much rubbing problems I will have. I do have to drive through heavy and deep snow at times and Mud. Please let me know if anyone else is running a set up like this and what there experience is. Thanks and also my first post ever anywhere.

·
Whiskey for my men...
4,100 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum.

As far as the tire sizes go I doubt you would see any real difference between the 32 and 33. Unless you need new tires I don't think it would be worth the expense. If you do go to a 33 you need to pay attention to back spacing or you will rub or tear up your rear tires. I don't know if anyone makes a 34" tire. It is usually 32,33,35.

I run 32" Cooper STT's and they are more than sufficient for the type of trails that I do. My reason for 32's is simple. I can run them with stock wheels without any rubbing. Otherwise I would have gotten 33's.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have pro comp rims with backspacing as my original thought was to go bigger. My 32" super swamper are worn out and I was thinking of trying the new Duratracs but it is 33 or 31 and I would rather the 33s. Thanks for the welcome. Reason I said 34 was super scampers if I stick with them is an option. But the TSL radial stink in the rain but that was to be expected. They are great in deep snow though as we had that blizzard on the east coast last year and I went and picked up friends for a blizzard party. Lol and they did excellent plus I help people who have to get to work get there. The height I believe will be fine its the width I worry about. Going from 10.50 to 12.50 as that is the only option with the duratrec.

·
Registered
671 Posts
with 33s should be fine with your 3.25" lift. as state above u just need to check out the back spacing. i personally would go with the duratracs 33x12.5 becuz you can air down to go off road and pump up for DD. just wait and see someone will comment on this thred who is doing what you are trying to do.

btw Welcome to the forum ull love it here.

·
Registered
671 Posts
:thumb: no problem!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Backspacing

If I remember correctly I have 15 x 8 rims with 5.45 backspacing as I told them to set me up with rims I could use in the future when I went to 33 or 34 as I was a super swamper guy all my life but those new Duratracs look a little more suited for my lifestyle. AKA getting older and its a daily driver now. LOL

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kk

By the way my jeep is yellow with black rims also, good call my friend.:punk:

·
Registered
671 Posts
By the way my jeep is yellow with black rims also, good call my friend.:punk:
:thumb:

If I remember correctly I have 15 x 8 rims with 5.45 backspacing as I told them to set me up with rims I could use in the future when I went to 33 or 34 as I was a super swamper guy all my life but those new Duratracs look a little more suited for my lifestyle. AKA getting older and its a daily driver now. LOL
are u rims stock rims or after market? haha ya the duratracs look nice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Another yes vote. I ran a Rancho 2.5" rockcrawler lift, 15x8 blk steel wheeels, and 33" bfg AT for about 4 years. With swaybar disconnected, steering at full lock, and suspension fully compressed, front would BARELY rub the lower control arm. Rubbing was so minor I only discovered it by seeing marks on the control arm after a few years of wheeling. So if you do 3.5 with proper backspacing, I think your in the clear. enjoy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts