Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much front wheel travel is feasible while using stock control arms, trac bar, and their stock mounting points?

I believe using Bilstein 5160s and 2" spacers Or springs I can get about 9 1/2" of vertical axle movement with the axle staying horizontal. The shock travel is supposed to be 10.17". A small bump stop spacer on the axle bump stop pads would be needed and used, just enough to prevent bottoming of the shocks.

My question is based mostly around concern of tearing up the rubber bushings inside the control arm and trac bar ends if they are swinging through too great of a range of movement.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
How much front wheel travel is feasible while using stock control arms, trac bar, and their stock mounting points? I believe using Bilstein 5160s and 2" spacers Or springs I can get about 9 1/2" of vertical axle movement with the axle staying horizontal. The shock travel is supposed to be 10.17". A small bump stop spacer on the axle bump stop pads would be needed and used, just enough to prevent bottoming of the shocks. My question is based mostly around concern of tearing up the rubber bushings inside the control arm and trac bar ends if they are swinging through too great of a range of movement.
If you wheel it a lot where your suspension articulates a good bit, you'll wear them out with stock shocks. Ruff stuff makes some cheap and beefy control arms.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts