Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a set of AEV bumpers on CL they have only been up about a week. Guy keeps saying make him an offer. I like them and am ready for a tire carrier. I dont mind cleaning them up some but I dont want to pay to much Vs. waiting for a deal on a new set. Im not in a hurry but they are local.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Anything under $100-$800 would be a good deal to me. That being said, I would kill for a AEV bumper to go on sale near me.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I can't get the little thumbnail pics to open. That said, if they're almost like new, 50% of new. If they need cleaned up and refinished, significantly less than half. It all depends; some folks have new shiny Jeeps and don't want a spec of rust or any dings. Keep in mind what you want, and go look at them in person.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I just bought a brand new set (still in the box/plastic) of Spartacus bumpers (front/rear/winch plate) for $500 off of Craigslist. Did have to drive several hours, but was a good deal to me as they were brand new. If they had been used and needed touch up I wouldn't have even bothered.
The AEV are significantly more pricey, so it may be worth $800 for the set and have them refinished.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
^^ What DW said. There are no "Deals" on AEV.... price is the price unless you run into Forrest Gump ..... But, that ain't gonna happen.

I can't see the pics. Make an offer and go from there.... You know what they sell for New, Look at the pics - You have an idea what your comfortable paying better than anyone.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys im going to start with 50%. And by deal I mean free shipping. also seen a couple of places offer other items when you buy them.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I just bought a brand new set (still in the box/plastic) of Spartacus bumpers (front/rear/winch plate) for $500 off of Craigslist. Did have to drive several hours, but was a good deal to me as they were brand new. If they had been used and needed touch up I wouldn't have even bothered.
The AEV are significantly more pricey, so it may be worth $800 for the set and have them refinished.
Get them blasted and re-powdercoated before you fit them. The bumpers are fine but the paint finish is pretty poor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts