Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hey osborn can you post a pic of your jeep with the 2" bb lift cause im getting a lift this christmas and i going go for the 3" lift from rustys offroad and i wanted to see the diffrence. thank you. :cool:

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
i got the rustys 2" coil lift and got 2.5" out of it. its great and it clears 32's very nicely also.

rocker panel before

19"

after

22"

so actually thats 3 inches which is weird cause i could have sworn that the first time i measured it right after i put it on that it was only 2.5" but when i measured again after i had it for a little while it was 21" sure enough and i had the before measurement written down so i know the before isn't wrong. (and don't tell me the tires lifted it some because the tires were installed when i measured before the lift)

before the tires i think it was 18" to the rocker panel

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
If your measuring at the rocker panel, you also have to allow for the inch you gained from the new tire size.
true but like i said when i measured before the lift the 32's were already on and so im of course using the same tires now with the lift. so the tire size wasn't a factor since they were installed when the measurement was taken.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hey bigjeep im haveing a hard time buying a lift and now i want the 2" that you have on and wanted to know if you needed a tcase drop or if you had any vibes its going to be for 05 lj and how do you like the ride a offroad proformance and if hear and suspension nosie thank you dude. :cool:

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Hey bigjeep im haveing a hard time buying a lift and now i want the 2" that you have on and wanted to know if you needed a tcase drop or if you had any vibes its going to be for 05 lj and how do you like the ride a offroad proformance and if hear and suspension nosie thank you dude. :cool:
i love the lift. i didn't need a t case drop because i didn't have any vibes. since you have an LJ you definitely shouldn't have a problem with vibes since you have a long driveshaft. you should not have to do the t case drop. i don't hear any suspension noise and i get a lot of travel out of the lift. it performs really well offroad. flexes really well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.