Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are thieves more likely to go after a newer jeep with custom wheels, bumpers, winches, etc then they would a stock jeep?

I have been thinking about taking a trip to California (Los Angeles and San Diego Area) but i am a little worried about someone stealing my jeep. Is a custom jeep going to attract thieves.I plan on locking everything down like (Hood Locks, Locking Lug Nuts, etc) maybe fuel cut off switch or a vehicle tracker or something like that.

What do you guys think? Would my jeep be gone in the first week?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Yes. I lived in San Diego for 10 years once. If it got stolen there, you'd never see it again because it'd be across the boarder.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My brother-in-law lives in S. California, Orange County, and his '07 Rubicon was stolen out of a supposedly secure parking lot at his workplace a couple of years back. It was never recovered.

·
Registered
931 Posts
When I lived in San Diego I had a 04 we'd still. It was one of the most stolen vehicles in California. I installed two kill switches in the vehicle plus I had a Cobb AP that locked the ecu. I had two attempts over the 5 years I was stationed there and they didn't win. I have heard of people cutting the terminals on the battery to disable the security on the jeeps. You could wire and alarm on a relay with a backup battery power supply. Therefore the alarm sirens when the battery is disconnected.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Sigh. If your going to racially insensitive comments, at least learn how to spell so you only look like an ass and not an uneducated ass.

The word is "too" not "to".

Joe

If it's to high the ******* can't get in the jeep.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Oh no. You peeeeed off the pediatric professor.

J/K I had a laugh at the original and your correction Mr. Joe. Just tugging your bobber!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Sigh. If your going to racially insensitive comments, at least learn how to spell so you only look like an ass and not an uneducated ass.

Joe
Lol live in San Diego awhile and you'll learn some hatred towards the Mexican community. I'm not saying all Mexicans are bad but they do steal a lot of stuff. I really don't care what you or others think about me.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I grew up in Arizona in a neighborhood that was 70-ish percent Hispanic. Many of my friends both then and now are Hispanic so I tend to be a bit sensitive. If I were a Hispanic Jeeper and I read a "beener" comment, I would at the least be disappointed. Enough said... Thanks for understanding.

·
Registered
959 Posts

Joe
Hmmmm.... if we're going to play spelling Nazi here, maybe YOU should learn when to use YOU'RE instead of YOUR. Just sayin' ;)

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
This thread is pretty much DOA.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm surprised the moderators allow this hate and racism on the forum. It makes our whole community look dumb and ignorant. Sad when some of the best standup men and women on this forum who would be the first responders to help anyone regardless of race, sex or religion get labeled by a few prejudiced cowards.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Sorry I said lol.....

Boys will be boys though. Let's just all be nice. No offence intended to anybody. FYI, my wife's part Spanish.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm surprised the moderators allow this hate and racism on the forum. It makes our whole community look dumb and ignorant. Sad when some of the best standup men and women on this forum who would be the first responders to help anyone regardless of race, sex or religion get labeled by a few prejudiced cowards.

Well stated, Bang Zoom. The sad thing is it isn't the first time it has happened and certainly won't be the last. Funny how the ignorant and bigoted come out of the wood works when they have a monitor and keyboard to hide behind.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.