Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I do mine every oil change... I've already got the tools out, why not?

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Overkill, but I do it every time I change my oil. It's a daily driver so that's about every 3 months.

Takes about 20 mins and I can do it while the oil is draining.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well good, I don't feel like I'm out of the norm here. It gives me something to do while the oil drains.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Oil change (synthetic) every 5k, tire rotation (including spare) every other oil change. I'm not on my phone right now, but I have a picture I found on the interwebs on how to do a 5 tire rotation to utilize the spare too. Just do a search for 5 tire rotation and select images and save the pic.

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Reactions: Heavy-Metal

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Every other oil change so every 6k. I'm old school, I still change my oil every 3k.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
mine rotate every time i move my jeep.:dance: but otherwise every 3500-4000 miles. Sooner if I see strange wear patterns but it has been a long time since i have had issues with that.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Every 6,000 - all 5

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
5 tire rotation every 5K with oil change (synthetic)

·
Registered
760 Posts

:dance:hi, i go with every 5000 miles with 4 tires. :whistling::whistling: then when i need a new set i buy 3 and use the spair. save a few $$$$..:thumb:

·
Registered
236 Posts
I rotate mine every 5,000 or so, but i only rotate 4. Why? I like the look of a new tire on the back of my rig plus I only have to pay for 4 instead of 5 tires...that saves me $400.00 plus.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I rotate mine every 5,000 or so, but i only rotate 4. Why? I like the look of a new tire on the back of my rig plus I only have to pay for 4 instead of 5 tires...that saves me $400.00 plus.
so what happens when you get a flat? Or worse yet what if you want to change tires size/type lol. I can see doing 4 tire rotation of you put 40,000 miles on a year and need new tires every year or less. Spare tires sitting in the sun not being used sometimes can take a beating. If a garaged all the time probably not a big deal or if a wheel cover is used but that defeats the purpose of a new tire hanging off the back tho.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts