Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the Roll bar yanked out today because I knew I had rust to fix before I herculine the tub. Well yeah.... more like rotted all to hell. Not the roll bar mount itself but part of the tub it bolts onto.

The mount right behind the pass side seat is more or less gone and Ill be welding in a 4x8 inch patch. As well as the one clear in the back on the drivers side..... Im still deciding how Im going to weld that one back in place with the gas fill hose and vent tube right under it. Was thinking of laying an old mudflap in there over top of them??:confused:

Anyone else? Im just curious how many of you had to rebuild the underside of the roll bar mounts.

Figured I better get that thing back in there right dont intend to upset it but ya never know! :eek:

Tyler

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
for whatever reason my 95 is still rust free. well there is some rust on the soft top frame, but the roll bars and the tub are rust free.

·
Registered
507 Posts
stykthyn said:
for whatever reason my 95 is still rust free. well there is some rust on the soft top frame, but the roll bars and the tub are rust free.
The 95 tub was factory galvanized.... You shouldn't have any rust.

My roll bar mounts were very clean when I pulled the sport cage, but lots of rust in other places. I swapped the sport cage for a family cage... The tubes on the family cage are rusted thru on the front mounts. The latest discovery is under the windshield hinges on the body, gotta cut and patch. By the time I am done, more than half the tub will be new metal. The plus side is that when I replaced the rear wheel houses, quater panels, and floor I used galvanized replacement panels, so I know the prone spots won't rust again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts