Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, what’s the verdict? She’s a bit dirty and still in the shop. The shop tech informed me that there’s an issue with a gap with the DV8 top, not aligning right so they need to contact DV8 to inquire about the issue. Now, this is another issue that I wanted to point out, the shop owner ordered the top without getting my approval first, I wanted to come visit the shop, talk to him about the build, whether we were going to order the DV8 top unpainted, ready to paint or just order it in stock black color. I also wanted to get the proper wheels set as well and get everything ironed out before leaving the Jeep in the shop to get the suspension work done, lift, etc. I have a vision for my Jeep, that’s inside my mind. However, I am envisioning everything color matched, and nice evenly blended. I don’t like the top with this flat black color, its fugly IMO. The shop owner apparently was in a rush to get this top ordered and all he had to do was to wait for me to stop and drop my Jeep off the following day so we could iron everything out, but he was too in a rush apparently. I told the shop owner that I like the top but that I didn’t want my Jeep to be incomplete, first I don’t like the wheels, he was the one that tried to sell me on those wheels from day one I told him that I wasn’t feeling the look or style of them. He asked me that the wheels would look a lot different when everything would be installed such at the 10th year anniversary hood, front grill, DV8 top, etc. I’ve been without my Jeep since last Saturday, do the math! And counting and my Jeep is not complete, parts are missing and I just feel like this deal is going to go south…

The only thing that is missing is my hood, grill and the DV8 to be painted color matched. I feel like telling the shop to re install my stock top and be done. I think it’s the shop fault for not ordering and doing everything scheduled, as per the customer’s request, etc. So anyway, what do you guys think? Does she look ok, good or should I just get the top painted? The vision that I had for my Jeeps somehow is not panning out. Still parts are missing from this built and I am without a car, also the wheels that I want have not been ordered!!! Using uber as transportation luckily that I am on vacation for 3 weeks but who wants to spend their vacation stuck at home? Ok I guess that I am venting, lol~ :atomic:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
I think it looks great (top and wheels btw), but you have to be happy with it. Clearly you have some issue with the shop doing things your way v. their way. That I'd work out before you 1) go forward with anything else and 2) pay them a dime.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Sorry but I stopped reading when the shop tried to sell you on wheels. It's YOUR jeep, order exactly what you want, nothing less. If you are pressured into something then walk away and find another shop. Those wheels could have been in his storage and he's trying to get rid of them. AND don't pay for anything you didn't order, again walk away.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it looks great (top and wheels btw), but you have to be happy with it. Clearly you have some issue with the shop doing things your way v. their way. That I'd work out before you 1) go forward with anything else and 2) pay them a dime.
Thanks, the issue is that I'm the customer, I'm the one who needs to be happy and complete. If they don't follow my guidelines then its not my fault, but theres. Tops looks ok, but I feel like something is off.. Maybe because I am anal and I like things done the right way, if the top was painted color matched and everything else were install maybe things would be different. Also, I told the shop to wait for me to arrive next day, but they didn't and went ahead an ordered the dv8 top. I wanted a wiper on the top as well, but as you can see.. But anyway, I hope that everything gets sorted out~

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry but I stopped reading when the shop tried to sell you on wheels. It's YOUR jeep, order exactly what you want, nothing less. If you are pressured into something then walk away and find another shop. Those wheels could have been in his storage and he's trying to get rid of them. AND don't pay for anything you didn't order, again walk away.
Well I am not paying a dime, I can assure you of that~ Since day one I wasn't feeling the wheels, but they went ahead and install the wheels thinking that I would buy them or like them. They already knew, so its not my fault. Sadly my Jeep is still in this shop..

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Thanks, the issue is that I'm the customer, I'm the one who needs to be happy and complete. If they don't follow my guidelines then its not my fault, but theres. Tops looks ok, but I feel like something is off.. Maybe because I am anal and I like things done the right way, if the top was painted color matched and everything else were install maybe things would be different. Also, I told the shop to wait for me to arrive next day, but they didn't and went ahead an ordered the dv8 top. I wanted a wiper on the top as well, but as you can see.. But anyway, I hope that everything gets sorted out~
I'd be ROYALLY pissed too. You have a disconnect with this shop and any shop that would move forward like that is not one _I_ personally would work with but you've got to get that sorted out.

As to looks, again I think it looks cool but it's not my jeep and if it's not what you wanted, make them change it.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Run.

I'm not joking. RUN. These are all red flags and as someone who's gone through this you have zero power if things go south.

He does something you don't like it think you disagreed with? Guess what? He can hold your vehicle until you pay what he wants. Try calling the cops? Civil matter? Call your stated AG? Takes days just to start the process.

Don't let anyone tell you the shop can't keep your vehicle.

Before you left the vehicle you should have gotten, in writing, how much it was going to cost, and the exact date it would be done by and what penalties the shop would incite for each day the project wasn't done after the expected completion date.

Ask me how I know all of this......

Again. RUN.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Well I am not paying a dime, I can assure you of that~ Since day one I wasn't feeling the wheels, but they went ahead and install the wheels thinking that I would buy them or like them. They already knew, so its not my fault. Sadly my Jeep is still in this shop..
Have that in writing?

Get where I'm going with this?

Protect yourself.

·
Most Interesting
750 Posts
noob question here, is there some advantage to giving up the vertical cargo space with a sloped rear window?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
noob question here, is there some advantage to giving up the vertical cargo space with a sloped rear window?
Nope, no clear advantage. Just looks, clear aesthetics that's it. But how much are you giving up? It's minuscule, you still have plenty of room. It's all about personal choice, but I don't see a "HUGE" disadvantage by giving up such a small space that won't make or break the Jeep~ But that's just me~ :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm aligned with what's been said. You asked and IMHO the wheels look great! The top not so much.... Have him get the bestop pro.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts