Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity. I'm around 6'4'', so not a ton of things fit me that well, but just kind of curious if there's anyone else decently tall driving these things.

Also side note, do the 2.5l 4cyl YJ's have a problem around 150,000+ plus miles? Was looking at one last night who had a rebuilt engine, and this is probably the second guy who has said he's had to replace that engine around those miles.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
150K plus miles is like an 80 y/o man things are bound to droop sag and break..

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
The 4.2 and 4.0 seem to hold up better at that type of mileage, in general. I'm sure some have a 2.5 with minimal issues at that mileage.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I am 6'5" and fit fine! I feel cramped when I am in my buddies TJ though.

It all depends on how well the engine was cared for.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
6'3" and I fit fine, had to lower the seat a little because my head hits the top regularly

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Was 5' 11" but after driving a YJ on the trails I have shrunk to 5" 10". Usually comfortable on short drives but long drives (4 hours) my neck bothers me.

It really could be old age and gravity but I think the harsh ride is why I am getting shorter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Huh, guess I'm not really alone. Didn't realize the YJ's were a tad bigger. I'll have to see if I can pick one up, as the other two have been TJ's. Although disappointed I missed out on a 97 TJ Sahara, automatic in great condition for only 5400. Sold within a few hours of it getting posted. Until I started getting into jeeps, didn't realize how fast the good ones get picked up.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I'm 6'1" and I fit great in my YJ.

·
Registered
725 Posts
5' 7" LOL... I fit in my YJ also....

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
6'1" as well and am much more comfortable in my YJs than I was in my wife's TJ...one of the reasons it was traded, along with my CJ5 (regretfully), for a JK...which is comfortable as well.

·
Mr Jeepy of California
466 Posts
I'm around 6'6, 240. Yup I fit well in my YJ. To many people call me "Redneck" or "Country Boy" psshhh they just mad I'm in a Jeep and their in a Prius :p Would like to have it taller then 20 inch's. Rough Country 4" lift time!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Im short Im 5'5 and I do got issues getting in my Jeep. But I got a routine down now. FYI 7.5" lift with 37's is really tall.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I'm 6'-1" and I fit OK until I put racing seats in. Had to totally modify the fold forward seat riser so the front links were shorter. While making everything fit me just right, I moved the seat mounts back a few inches along the floor. I used big fender washers to keep from ripping the bolts through the floor.

I have also heard about riser that are available to move the seat back. I think they are called "Big Boy" risers.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm 6'0" I fit great but my seats are not the stock ones I had to custom do install them got them from the junk yard so I can't really speculate in stock seats. Also I have a 4" lift with 33s

·
Registered
118 Posts
6'3" with a 1990 YJ. Older YJs have a lot of seat sag so I feel like I'm a bit too far away from the windshield. Plenty of head clearance. My wheeling buddy is 6'6" and sometimes whacks his head on the soundbar so I'm going to try flipping that around to the backside of the cage to relieve that.

You'll be great with a YJ. Very comfortable. I have 6" of lift and have little trouble getting in and out. My 5'2" mother in law is another story, lol... She fell out.

As far as motors the i6s are great motors. My 4.2 has over 200k miles on it and while it could use a rebuild it doesn't need it yet. I'm hoping to get it to 225k although I'm ready to rebuild it anytime. I really don't know anything about the 4cyl. Sorry!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts