Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a similar thread while searching but didn.t find my answer. So, here is my question... I am currently running 285/70/17s on my stock JKU sport (hard top and stock bumpers). From what I understand these tires are pretty much 33's. If I install a 2" lift (I am considering the 2" rancho), what would be my overall vehicle height? Just trying to figure out whether or not it will fit in the garage. Anyone with a similar set up please share your heights.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Measure the jeep now and add 3" to be safe. If your using the same tires wouldn't it just be the added height from the lift?
If its that easy, then no problem, and thanks for your input. I have read other threads where folks have said you will get more lift with stock bumpers vs heavy aftermarkets. "More lift" is pretty vague and I wasn't sure whether that meant an extra inch or an extra two inches. I know all of this is dependent on the lift, and my particular jeep. Just want to make sure I don't screw myself and not be able to use the garage.

·
Super Moderator
14,550 Posts
If it follows standard lift design, you will get 2-1/2 in front and 1-1/2 in the rear to create a 2" lift. In the case of the Rancho 2", the rear is a spacer so it will be exactly what the spacer adds... no more, no less whether it's 1.5 or 2".

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Park it under the door way and measure how much space you have now. That will give you an idea of how much lift you can add. If it is a standard door you should have plenty.

·
Premium Member
2,500 Posts
I have a standard 6 '8" Garage door and park my rig with a 4" lift and 35" tires in the garage and have about 3" to spare.

If you are planning a tire mod, going from a 31" to a 35" tire you would just add 2" in overall height as that is the difference in the radius. Then as Pressurized mentioned just add your desired lift height if it follows standard lift design.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts