Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have mud stained windows on my new top and need to clean them and i need some ideas of how to get the stains out.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
I clean my plastic windows with soap and water to get rid of the mud. Do Not wipe them with paper towels (mine are scratched from them). Once clean I use pledge and a micro fiber cloth to clean them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went to Harley Davidson found a cleaner , and a scratch repair wax product called novus one repaired the small scratches the other helps the windows stay clean

they use it on there wind screens

·
Knows a couple things...
49,638 Posts
X2 on the above august advice to avoid paper towels on plastic windows. I wish I had a dollar for every sparkling new plastic window that has been ruined and yellowed in short order by the use of paper towels on it. I'd be a multi-millionaire.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
I have found a cleaner that works well for the glass and plastic called invisible glass. I also use it on dash, gauge cluster, and in the house. (kitchen, stove top, bathroom wherever there is tough to clean shiny surface.) Leaves no residue. For mud generally use a hose as lots of water will remove most mud without scratching. The paper towels never!- had good luck with the micro fiber towels.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
I pledged mine today for the first time..... OMG! What a difference it makes....:) I can see again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do a search on Novus plastic polish, that stuff works pretty good

·
Banned
1,006 Posts
X2 on the above august advice to avoid paper towels on plastic windows. I wish I had a dollar for every sparkling new plastic window that has been ruined and yellowed in short order by the use of paper towels on it. I'd be a multi-millionaire.
For what it's worth. Yellow windows are also caused by expourse to extreme sun. Had a friend in the desert who, due to the way they parked, had one side always receiving max sun. The windows on that side only were yellowed.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Quickest way is to hose em then wipe it down with Pledge and an old **** t
You can really use pledge? COOL!!! So do wash the windows first and then dry them with a soft cloth and then pledge ?? How old are your windows if I may ask. Mine are brand new so I want to preserve them .

·
Registered
53 Posts
i work for a dodge dealer, and i was skeptical at first when i saw it, but they make a jeep soft glass cleaner. it really does work. almost like a wax, almost like windex. the plastic almost soaks it up. ive used it with a buffer when mine were real bad. now i can see through them. everytime i wash my jeep i use it, just rub it on till its almost all soaked up, then rub whats left off. works pretty good when used routinely, and when used with a buffer. kind of pricey, around 8$ or so for a bottle, if i remeber correctly. its deffinately worth giving a try. most jeep chrysler or dodge deals would have it in stock or be able to get it pretty quick.

·
Registered
386 Posts
You can really use pledge? COOL!!! So do wash the windows first and then dry them with a soft cloth and then pledge ?? How old are your windows if I may ask. Mine are brand new so I want to preserve them .
Well I never put any soap or anything on the soft top. I've read on here that chemicals can mess it up. Not sure if its true or not. I just wet them down and get surface gunk off of them.

Then when they're dry, you lightly mist the window one at a time and you have to almost wax them. Think karate kid. :D

The windows were 5 years old at the time and came out looking BRAND NEW.

The only backside is that they are kind of oily afterward. Like slippery to the touch.

But like I said, let them dry, do the inside and outside. Wipe/wax them with an old t shirt. NO PAPER TOWELS

I would recommend only doing this maybe once every other month. It stays clean for a while. The process takes about 45 minutes.

I'm not sure how well it will "preserve" but it worked VERY well in "restoring" the clearness. IT gets rid of that cloudiness that builds up

1 - 20 of 24 Posts