Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
What's the best way to clean my soft top windows and the best way to clean the soft top?
As others have said, aerospace 303 on the soft top itself. Stuff's awesome. I use it also on fenders, interior, and Jeep body. Last time I cleaned I even tried some on my powdercoated bumpers...made em look brand new. After that I went up and bought the last 3 containers from the local True Value. :thumb:

What works best on plastic windows?
I've only cleaned my windows once this winter (gets pretty cold in Wisconsin). Went up to the self wash on a 40º day and hosed all the road salt off em, then used this stuff:

Plexus

Which I bought after reading this thread:

Cleaning soft top windows

This is where I got it:

Amazon.com: Plexus Plexus Plastic Cleaner, Protectant and Polish (13-Ounce): Sports & Outdoors

Link is to the 13 oz size (yes, it's a spray). There is also a 7 oz. size.

I've been riding motorcycles since I could walk, and haven't been without one my entire adult life. One of the challenges is finding stuff to clean the visor on my face shield, and the windscreen on the bike itself, that won't scratch the plastic. This stuff (the Plexus) works better than anything I've found. :thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used Meguiars Plastx headlight restore stuff and it cleaned mine pretty well. They were scratched pretty deep and it kind of "blended in" the scratches but removed all the discoloration. It's not perfect but it looks pretty good. I also used a buffer. It was easier for me to unzip the windows and put them on a towel on the garage floor and buff them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts