Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried searching was not conclusive.

I'm looking for a premium 4 ply OEM soft top on craigslist and no one has part numbers available...how can I tell or make sure the top is the premium new twill 4 ply top vs the standard one? Everyone thinks their top is the premium one. Thanks1

·
Registered
851 Posts
From what I've read, the premium is black on the underside while the standard is white. I have a premium Bestop and it is black underneath.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Ask to see a picture of the inside of the top. The premium will be BLACK. The standard looks more grey, like a regular piece of black vinyl.

If you go to the soft top help thread, there should be an example picture of both on page one or page 2.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ask to see a picture of the inside of the top. The premium will be BLACK. The standard looks more grey, like a regular piece of black vinyl.

If you go to the soft top help thread, there should be an example picture of both on page one or page 2.
Thanks, I did read that thread, however most of the tops I've inquired about are still in the box, and the owners are hesitant to take it out? Maybe because having never been out of the box is a selling point? lol

I read in a few threads that if the soft top came with a hard top in a dual top option group it is by default the premium top. Is this the case? Could I just ask if it came as part of the dual option group?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Thanks, I did read that thread, however most of the tops I've inquired about are still in the box, and the owners are hesitant to take it out? Maybe because having never been out of the box is a selling point? lol

I read in a few threads that if the soft top came with a hard top in a dual top option group it is by default the premium top. Is this the case? Could I just ask if it came as part of the dual option group?
The soft top itself is not in a box(just the hardware, door surrounds & windows). It is factory installed whether it is the only top or part of the dual top package.
The dual top option came with the premium top standard with 2014s, it was an option with 2013s.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The soft top itself is not in a box(just the hardware, door surrounds & windows). It is factory installed whether it is the only top or part of the dual top package.
The dual top option came with the premium top standard with 2014s, it was an option with 2013s.
That's very helpful, thanks much.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
The soft top itself is not in a box(just the hardware, door surrounds & windows). It is factory installed whether it is the only top or part of the dual top package. The dual top option came with the premium top standard with 2014s, it was an option with 2013s.
That is incorrect. All dual tops starting in 2013 have the premium top. Mine came that way and it was included as part of the dual top package when I ordered.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I think the premium comes with tinted window too, doesn't it? Mine did.
You can get them with clear windows too, I've only seen a couple though.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My '13 came with a premium top. I didn't get the dual top option, just the soft top. It came with clear windows too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts