Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK finally got some white stuff here in Toronto and want to have some fun with my '11 JK. HOWEVER.... the ABS nanny is driving me crazy and even WITH it turned off via the dash switch. Is there any way of turning it off without yanking the fuse?
Thanks

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
You can only partially disengage it from the dash. It is off in 4L but not in 2H, 4H. Be careful skidding around.

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
You can only partially disengage it from the dash. It is off in 4L but not in 2H, 4H. Be careful skidding around.
That's not 100% accurate. ABS cannot be disengaged without pulling the fuse and I would highly discourage crippling your braking system. ESP can be disengaged in several ways. Permanently through a series of steering wheel maneuvers (steering wheel dance), partially by pushing the button once, or fully by holding it for 5 seconds in 4H. It is also fully off automatically in 4L.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
That's not 100% accurate. ABS cannot be disengaged without pulling the fuse and I would highly discourage crippling your braking system. ESP can be disengaged in several ways. Permanently through a series of steering wheel maneuvers (steering wheel dance), partially by pushing the button once, or fully by holding it for 5 seconds in 4H. It is also fully off automatically in 4L.
Thank you good jeep samaritan of accuracy. :rolleyes:

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Thank you good jeep samaritan of accuracy. :rolleyes:
Your quite welcome. You've pointed out plenty of my mistakes. :flowers:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Heading up to snowboard at Blue Mountain in my 2012 JKU tomorrow!
FYI, I thought that the hold for 5 seconds would kill the 'nanny' but it didn't fully deactivate. WTF?

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
FYI, I thought that the hold for 5 seconds would kill the 'nanny' but it didn't fully deactivate. WTF?
What is the "nanny"? Holding the button in for 5 seconds turns ESP off. ABS and BLD remain on. I can't imagine why anyone would want to turn off ABS.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ok! So I got the nanny fully disengaged in 4WHi. You have to be stopes or going really slow. Held it down for 5secs, it beeped and gave me a message on evic that it's OFF.

·
Bazinga!
1,180 Posts
Josuave said:
Not sure what your asking but holding for 5sec. Does disable it until you turn off the vehicle. To disable permanently you have to do the dance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts