Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for ideas of how to get some more travel out of my suspension.

I have a YJ with a 4in SUA rough country lift. Sway bar disconnects, 1.5 lift shackles. The lift prob has less than a few 100 miles on it. So I guess it still has some breaking in to do.

The only other thing I know to do other than letting the springs get some more rough terrain under them is to remove the trac bars which I plan to do. Will I notice a dramatic increase by doing this?

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Yes removing your trac bars will be a big improvement.
Unfortunatly the leaf sprung YJ's are limited in the ammount of travel you can get out of them.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I lowered the torque on my springs and it made a huge difference. Solid frame side at 70 foot pounds. Shackle side 50 foot pounds. I drive mine everyday no issues with this torque specs. Also no track bars or sway bars. The springs will break in some as well especially when you go off roading.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
if they have a miltary style double wrap cut it off the front side so it ends about 1/4 of the way around the bushing circle. Also you can cut and bend the bands that hold the springs together so they look like |_| to allow the leaves to separate when the droop out. on your shackle bolts anywhere between 30-50ftls seems to work well. Sadly at the end of the day 4inch lift YJ spring is going to be stiff. 1 because its so short and 2 because of the amount of arch it needs to give the lift height.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts