1. Run trails your rig isn't quite equipped for
2. Break something
3. It's my DD so I have to fix it!
4. Fix it with something better

If so, how'd it go?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Having been married for 30 years, I have learned the art of equal value. My wife is not very high maiteneance so I tell her she can get what ever she wants when ever I buy stuff. Thankfully, there is little that she wants.:bop: Has worked out great. Plus her liking the jeep goes a long way.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Like the Stealth headlights I ordered before taking delivery last Friday of the new Willys, I explain that all of my planned changes are to enhance her safety and comfort.

Last night she got in and commented it was tougher than my Silverado. I showed her a GraBar - she wants one! She thinks the shiny antenna looks out of place on the tank - aha, we can fix that!

I won't be doing a lift or anything too radical, so just playing the usual marital politics.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Having been married for 30 years, I have learned the art of equal value. My wife is not very high maiteneance so I tell her she can get what ever she wants when ever I buy stuff. Thankfully, there is little that she wants.:bop: Has worked out great. Plus her liking the jeep goes a long way.

I am fortunate that my wife supports my car addiction, and usually the one that tells me to treat myself :)

As above, she loves the Jeep and wants to upgrade the Jeep but I am putting $$ into my other cars.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Well first, head on down to your local hospital and schedule an emergency addapairtome. Then, once recovered and a man again, tell your wife you're buying something for your Jeep.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Or buy your wife a jeep and buy her the same mods you get for yours. It's worked out for Mike pretty well. :D

·
Registered
278 Posts
I found negotiations work, she wants a Louis Vitton bag for example, she's big in hand bags and shoes, so I agree if I can get a part for my Jeep. I don't get why she needs so many pairs of shoes and handbags, and she doesn't get why I need to add parts on a "new Jeep". Seems to work. I always explain that if she is looking for me, she just has to find the Jeep and I'm not far away. She will admit that this mid-life event with my Jeep is better than me horsing around with a twenty-something girlfriend with Daddy-issues... 😀

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
Been married 30 years and it comes down to simple math for us
I just multiply cost of mod by 2. Wife gets her half in cash (before I place the order for parts)
There's a 5 to 10% penalty if I wait until after parts are delivered. Her way of enforcing good communication I guess.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Tell her no sex unless you can buy your mods. ;)

My wife an I have separate, but joint accounts. We both have our own spending money. I don't care what she buys and vice versa. Keeps things sane.

JB

·
Registered
244 Posts
The secret is let her select your mods without her knowing. Park by other jeeps or point them out and ask about the way they look. If she says I like those wheels.......BAM! You got wheels...... I like that bumper...... BAM!! You got a bumper. It's worked so far..... LOL..... Only down fall is she wants to drive it all the time :)

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
No wife = Jeep was lifted on 35s the second week of ownership HA!

·
Registered
796 Posts
I let mine by a sewing machine that cost about 1/3 of the MSRP on the Rubicon I ordered.
Now I just need to figure out how to make do with only 10k in mods.:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts