Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I acquired a 2nd hand pair of what I believe are N-Fab wheel to wheel bars but cant figure out how to install them. Does anyone have any experience with these? bar.jpeg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
90 views and no response so I'm bumping this in the hopes that someone knows something I'm not seeing. When I put this bar up to the side of the Jeep I don't see any obvious location to start bolting up. Next step of course is to contact N-Fab in the hopes that they might help. They have installation directions on their Website but apparently not for these 'wheel to wheel' type bars. Thanks again

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
My first suggestion would have been to download the instructions from their website, looks like you've got that covered though. You're sure that they're Nfab? Send them the pic, they'll be able to identify the model (if its theirs) and send you the instructions.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I couldn't find the instructions on their website. I would just give them a call. Plus, I'd make sure they are ones built for a Jeep.

Looks like maybe they bolt to the underside of the tub from the one picture you provided. That wouldn't be very good in my opinion. Post up some other pics of the bars if you can.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Did you get them from a trusted source? Is it possible there were frame brackets you were supposed to get? Did you try either bar on both sides of the vehicle?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got them off of Craigslist so no, however, the guy had just taken them off of his own TJ and from all the pictures they look to be the correct bar for the correct model. I tried either bar on one side and nothing seemed obvious.

·
Registered
415 Posts
N-fab

Must drill and put plates under carpet on floor. I got a set and sent them back. Did not want to drill through floor and have it rust.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I contacted N-Fab and they were very nice and sent me the installation instructions. They are very simplistic and there are no pictures but as 2004jeeptj mentions you have to drill holes in the floor. I'm not a big fan of this idea and don't know the pros and cons of the various bar/step designs out there. Not sure what I'm going to do at this point so would be interested in any opinions. Thanks

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
If you are just using them as steps since that's what they are, I would look elsewhere for bars that attached to the frame. As stated above with valid rust concerns, I can't imagine that type of mounting location to the floorboards would withstand any type of impact, whether offroad or light car accident mishap. That would tear the bolts through the tub and warp the floorboards.

·
Registered
415 Posts
N-fab makes another step that bolts to the body mounts. It is a rock rail and then you buy a step from them that brackets to it. Here is a pic if mine with just the rock rail. I did not install the steps yet. I am waiting to put my lift on first.

image-867145182.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
N-fab makes another step that bolts to the body mounts. It is a rock rail and then you buy a step from them that brackets to it. Here is a pic if mine with just the rock rail. I did not install the steps yet. I am waiting to put my lift on first.

View attachment 1145706
Those look pretty good. I may need to keep these in mind.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts