Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front seems to be very well documented

But how do we measure the rear using the same concept ?
I've never checked my lift height, specially the rear height, because i never took measurements stock to compare, so i always say 2" lift in general :)

Thanks a lot.

·
Super Moderator
22,462 Posts
this is the one I have always used. it will be in the ball park anyway.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ty sir. i'll measure right now and see exactly what i have.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 20 1/2 front and 7 1/4 rear, so pretty much 2" lift.
Thanks one more time jadmt.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
What is that even a picture of?
Appears to be the lower edge of the upper bump-stop flare in the top.

Lower would likely be the bump-stop on the top of the axle.
I presume these measurements are the results of the BEFORE LIFT?
Getting after installation measurements would give you the suspension lift overall. But remember your tires only effect the lifting of the axle.

Breakover is an important area to determine as well. Determine the wheel base (axle to axle) and divide in half. At the halfway point measure the lowest part of the frame or skidplate to the ground before and after.

·
Registered
339 Posts
So using this info my lift gave me 2.5" in the front(my measurement was 21) but only 1" of lift in the rear (my measurement was 6.25) I have a 2015 JKU Sahara and i installed the 2.5" Teraflex lift. do these numbers seem right?

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
So using this info my lift gave me 2.5" in the front(my measurement was 21) but only 1" of lift in the rear (my measurement was 6.25) I have a 2015 JKU Sahara and i installed the 2.5" Teraflex lift. do these numbers seem right?
Most lift kits on the market eliminate the rake and level the jeep. If you are level, it should be ok. If the front is nose up, or if you rub, then you will want to add a spacer on the rear springs.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My Teraflex 2.5 measures exactly the same as yours. I have heavy bumpers, winch, skid plate, bumper tire carrier. It sits level I think that's the way its designed. I did have 3.5 at the front before I added all those heavy accessories.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You have someone with a stock wrangler, same model as yours measure from the top of the WHEEL (not tire - this takes tire size out of the equation) to the lip of the fender. Then you measure yours. The difference is your lift. You must be on level ground and you must have the same wheels (tire size doesn't matter).

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have the Teraflex 2.5-inch lift kit that comes with springs and shocks. It's the kit that's about $850 I believe on quadratec. It's installed on a 2013 JK Sport two door, and was already installed when I bought the Jeep.

I just measured today, and it appears to have given me a 3.5" actual lift in the front. (Shocks measured right at 22" and the coil was right at 13")

It looks like about a 2" lift in the rear, as it's right at 7" from bumpstop to frame.

Looks like I may need a spacer in the rear. See the attached pictures and give your opinion if it's level or sagging a bit in the rear.

If it is, it could be because of the heavy spare tire and bumper. And my rear shocks are absolutely shit, which may allow it to say a bit. I'm getting those replaced probably next week

·
Super Moderator
4,895 Posts
It looks fine to me, but it ain't my Jeep. If you want the rear up a half inch or so, add a set of spacers to the rear.
Keep in mind that when level the gap between the front tire and fender will be a little larger than the gap between the rear tire and fender. The two fenders, front and rear, aren't identical.
Whatever you do, make sure your headlights are properly adjusted. Leveling the Jeep, or adding spacers to the rear of the Jeep, will change the aiming of the headlights.

·
Registered
130 Posts
It looks fine to me, but it ain't my Jeep. If you want the rear up a half inch or so, add a set of spacers to the rear.
Keep in mind that when level the gap between the front tire and fender will be a little larger than the gap between the rear tire and fender. The two fenders, front and rear, aren't identical.
Whatever you do, make sure your headlights are properly adjusted. Leveling the Jeep, or adding spacers to the rear of the Jeep, will change the aiming of the headlights.

That's a good point on the headlights. Had not even crossed my mind!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts