Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,172 Posts
I sent an email to Rubicon Express to see what they say. Here are some photos of my rig. You can see I measure 21" in front and only 6" in the rear. When I place a level on the trunk ledge (where the soft top meets the side) is shows almost perfectly level.

View attachment 4437922 View attachment 4437923 View attachment 4437924 View attachment 4437925
You may want to start a thread on your questions instead of putting them here in this sticky.
There you can discuss your Jeep and whatever your questions / complaints are.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
I have the Teraflex 2.5-inch lift kit that comes with springs and shocks. It's the kit that's about $850 I believe on quadratec. It's installed on a 2013 JK Sport two door, and was already installed when I bought the Jeep.

I just measured today, and it appears to have given me a 3.5" actual lift in the front. (Shocks measured right at 22" and the coil was right at 13")

It looks like about a 2" lift in the rear, as it's right at 7" from bumpstop to frame.

Looks like I may need a spacer in the rear. See the attached pictures and give your opinion if it's level or sagging a bit in the rear.

If it is, it could be because of the heavy spare tire and bumper. And my rear shocks are absolutely shit, which may allow it to say a bit. I'm getting those replaced probably next week View attachment 4429231 View attachment 4429232
That does look like a lot of lift in the front for a 2.5" kit. I wonder if you ended up with 2.5" 4dr front springs ( they yield 3.5" on a 2dr).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Measured mine according to the diagrams. Front measures 12” and rear measures 5”. I’m a little confused because I would think if someone put a ~3” lift in the front, something would definitely have to go in the rear. Can anyone clear this up for me? Just bought it and previous owners aren’t quite sure of the brand or height. Running 33x12.5x17 tires. Also, it’s a 2 door 2008 “X” trim if that needs to be known also. Thanks!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts