Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So where is a good place to store my safari roof panels once I take them off? I put one in the trunk and one in the backseat (I've only been able to take them off twice so far because of the cold weather)..but the paint chipped a bit. What a pain......which leads me to question number 2. Is there some touch up paint or something for the roof? Its some kind of greyish black which doesn't exactly match the rest of the black jeep. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
They sell freedom panel touch up paint.

They also sell freedom panel covers to store them that buckle into the back seat, most new jeeps come with them from the factory.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
I use the padded bag that comes with. even though it is pain in the butt, I like that it straps to the back of the back seat. (when I have the seat installed)

yes, there is touch up paint. assuming you have the black textured top.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No it didn't. I bought it used. I guess today I'll have to go buy some touch up paint and this bag. =) thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
No it didn't. I bought it used. I guess today I'll have to go buy some touch up paint and this bag. =) thanks guys.
If you want to PM me tonight (after 6pm pacific) I may have a bag still in my closet if I do its yours just pay shipping

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
WOW! messaging you RIGHT now! JEEP people are the best! :worthy::worthy:
I replied to your PM, I do still have it I doubt basic shipping will cost too much ill wait for your reply and we can go from there. Sure beats the $90 or so they charge retail.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
XmentalX you are the man!

I should maybe start another thread here for this but I don't know what I'd call it and I am sure that you guys can answer this...When you take the freedom panels off you must undo those two screws above your head and they take forever...when putting the panels back on must you always use those? Maybe without them the pieces would fly off easier?

·
Registered
115 Posts
take the offer above or prepare for sticker shock. the bags aren't inexpensive (IMHO)
Just checked Mopar 82210325AD Jeep Wrangler Hard Top Storage Bag and indeed it is $90.90.

I must have been pretty lucky, because I bought my 2013 preowned from a dealership and found the freedom panel storage bag as well as the little tool kit in the small trunk under the rear mat.

At first, I didn't know what the bag was for, but not I'm glad it was there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I use the padded bag that comes with. even though it is pain in the butt, I like that it straps to the back of the back seat. (when I have the seat installed)

yes, there is touch up paint. assuming you have the black textured top.
I just had to show you guys this because of how ridiculous it is. It was $8 on the American amazon.....$96 on Canadian one! haha https://www.amazon.ca/Wrangler-BLACK-Touch-Paint-Mopar/dp/B004TC3D18/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1492877936&sr=8-3&keywords=Jeep+Wrangler+Hard+Top+BLACK+Touch+Up+Paint,+OEM+Mopar

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just checked Mopar 82210325AD Jeep Wrangler Hard Top Storage Bag and indeed it is $90.90.

I must have been pretty lucky, because I bought my 2013 preowned from a dealership and found the freedom panel storage bag as well as the little tool kit in the small trunk under the rear mat.

I am going to have another look today just incase I missed it...I know you can lift up that thing in the back where you put your screws for the top...but I didn't see anything anywhere around there.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Straps to the back seat? The couple of times I've done it, after wrestling them into the bag, they just took up most of the cargo area. I guess there is some trick I don't know about.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Straps to the back seat? The couple of times I've done it, after wrestling them into the bag, they just took up most of the cargo area. I guess there is some trick I don't know about.
Borrowed the pics from quadratec

Attachments

·
Premium Member
524 Posts

Nice. Ya, I think they are over priced. They are pretty rugged and they do work though.

I just had to show you guys this because of how ridiculous it is. It was $8 on the American amazon.....$96 on Canadian one! haha https://www.amazon.ca/Wrangler-BLACK-Touch-Paint-Mopar/dp/B004TC3D18/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1492877936&sr=8-3&keywords=Jeep+Wrangler+Hard+Top+BLACK+Touch+Up+Paint,+OEM+Mopar
Ha, that is a little steep for a paint pen .

XmentalX you are the man!

I should maybe start another thread here for this but I don't know what I'd call it and I am sure that you guys can answer this...When you take the freedom panels off you must undo those two screws above your head and they take forever...when putting the panels back on must you always use those? Maybe without them the pieces would fly off easier?
Mine have been out since day one. Can't put them back 'cause my sunshade uses the holes. Still have the set from my previous jeep too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts