Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Administrator
42,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whether you are showing off your rig or asking for help with an issue, nothing can get your point across better than a good picture. There are several ways to post a pic on Wrangler Forum. You can either upload a picture through the forum or through a 3rd party hosting site so I'll go over both.

First, uploading a pic through Wrangler Forum

The number of pictures a member can upload is limited depending on the account status. A regular forum member has 500 megabytes of storage space available for pictures. Supporting members have 5 gigabytes of storage space available. Obviously, the larger the picture, the more storage space required.

Okay, that being said, here is how you go about uploading a pic:

STEP ONE: When posting a quick reply, you can doing one of 2 things to take you to the screen to upload pics:

a. Click on the button labeled "Go Advanced" under the lower text box

b. Click on the "Post Reply" button that appears both above and below the thread posts on the left of the screen.

STEP TWO: In the advanced edit screen you can do more things like add an emoji, change the text font, etc.

STEP THREE: To begin uploading pics you have 2 options here as well

a. Click on the attachment icon that looks like a paper clip
b. Scroll down and click on the "Manage Attachments" button

STEP FOUR: In the manage attachments screen, you can

a. Upload from another web site using their URL
b. Browse your computer for the pic to upload.

STEP FIVE: Click on the "Upload" button to place the pic in the forum server.

STEP SIX Click on the "Submit Reply" button and you are done.

I'd like to thank a long time forum member AzTJ. He created the original "How to post a Picture" thread, I'm just updating it since it was made 7 years ago.

To upload pictures from a 3rd party hosting site:

The first thing you need to do is get your pictures hosted on the web. There are a number of FREE image hosting sites, but I'm only going to demo one.

FREE IMAGE HOSTING OPTIONS:
each host has their own quirks, so read up before deciding on using one

Photobucket

ImageShack

TinyPic

Flickr

VillagePhotos

Special Note about Imgur:

The Imgur image hosting site is not compatible with Wrangler Forum. The pictures will look good when first posted but the links will break and the picture will be unviewable shortly after posting. We believe it is due to their Terms of Service.

One of their terms states
Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network.
STEP ONE:

After choosing the image host you want to use, in this case Photobucket, you need to find the photos that you want to use.

Special Note about Photobucket:

On July 6, 2017 the Photobucket image hosting site changed their terms of service and pricing.
As of that date, 3rd party hosting (uploading a picture there and linking to it from some place else, like this forum) is no longer free. Even though use of their site is still free, there are 3 pricing plans with added features. Only their top end plan (the Plus 500 plan) allows 3rd party hosting for $39.99 per month.

STEP TWO:

Go to - Photobucket You need to create an account but its FREE! There are paid accounts but the free one should work just fine for you. If you don't have any pictures there, select the "Upload" button at the top of the screen to upload from your computer or phone.

If your pics don't come up when you log in, click on the "Your Bucket" button on the left of the screen and navigate your way to the location of your jeep photos. Select the one you want and double click on it

STEP THREE:

Now if your images are pretty big you can have Photobucket resize them for you. If your pic is larger than 1024x768 pixels, it would be wise to resize them something smaller. A general rule of thumb is, "800x600 is big enough." Either way, if the pic is too big that's okay, it will be resized when you post on the forum.

STEP FOUR:

On the screen with the picture you want to post, you will see 4 boxes on the right side of the screen labeled Email & IM, Direct, HTML, IMG.

Click in box to the right of the letters IMG and this will copy the pic.

STEP FIVE:

Once you have the link copied, go over to the thread that you want to post your picture in. In the space to type out a reply, right click and hit "PASTE".

It should look similar to this code:

If it looks like that, then hit the "PREVIEW POST" button and make sure your image shows up. If it does, go a head and hit the "SUBMIT REPLY".

Congratulations! You just successfully posted a picture!
Now go out and take some more pics of your Jeep to share!

Just a note before you go.

The pics you post using a hosting service are not uploaded to the forum and are linked back to what ever service you have used.
If you delete the pictures from your host server, they will no longer be able to be seen here.

Photobucket broken links look like this:

Here's a great tutorial video by AzTJ going over what I just posted above:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4oMgOTrpjE

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
what if when you preview the post the pictures are upside down?

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
48,139 Posts
what if when you preview the post the pictures are upside down?
If you use Photo Bucket/Shop, then you can go into it and flip them.

If you are not familiar with doing this, then just do a Reported Post. Someone in our Staff will assist you and flip the PICS for you.

But besides previewing them, you will need to Post the PICS, so we can copy and correct.

Do you have a current one that needs to be flipped?

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
I will. working on a post now. thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just recently bought a jeep wrangler hard top, then I noticed a gap between my tailgate and the rubber seal, is this normal? How do I fix it?

·
Registered
140 Posts
So much for using Photobucket.... It no longer allow 3rd party hosting. Uploading pics to this forum is a pain and antiquated.

So, no more pictures being posted by me.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
For what it's worth, Photobucket updated their terms of service and I have a feeling not many are going to like reading the "new" terms.. However, and personally I love the new terms.. it's like "Use your own bandwidth, Not ours" Karma's a bitch..

BTW Just checked Photobucket bylaws/terms/agreement says one must enable 3rd party sharing at a cost of.... $399.00

GL.

·
Registered
163 Posts
How can I delete a photo I put in the gallery/my gallery? I was trying to figure out how to post it in a thread and put it in the gallery by mistake.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
48,139 Posts
Usually, just right click on the PIC and you will have a option to delete. If you are on a IPad or phone, just tap on the PIC in your gallery, and it will enlarge ,then the right top corner of your screen there will be a vertical three dotted icon, tap it and it will give you a delete option.

https://www.wranglerforum.com/f2/how-to-post-a-picture-1939746.html

^^^But why not just pull up the PIC from your photo gallery, through our attachment management. The above Link, will take you through this, step by step.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Usually, just right click on the PIC and you will have a option to delete. If you are on a IPad or phone, just tap on the PIC in your gallery, and it will enlarge ,then the right top corner of your screen there will be a vertical three dotted icon, tap it and it will give you a delete option.

https://www.wranglerforum.com/f2/how-to-post-a-picture-1939746.html

^^^But why not just pull up the PIC from your photo gallery, through our attachment management. The above Link, will take you through this, step by step.
I tried the right click but did not get an option to delete. I'll try an iPad or use the link and see if either one of those work. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts