Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my rubber seal that goes around my door has torn off when i opened it while my door was frozen, for now i drilled screws( i did not feel like just pushing it back into alignment would do the trick if this happened again) into the rubber and door so the rubber will not come off again but if it freezes again i dont have to have to do this on the other door.... what should i do to make sure it doesnt happen again?

·
Registered
59 Posts
well this will happen with any car....that rubber seal is doing what it should be doing, preventing water from comming in. Best advice is try not to get a carwash or get water on it before night time when it starts to freeze. And if it happends again try to open the door slowly.....they do make replacment rubber seal kits tho

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol it rained and then the temp dropped very fast... i tried to open it slowly but the rubber had frozen to the body :( i was just wondering if there was a way to prevent the rubber from freezing to the body or maybe a quick and safe way to unstick it

·
Registered
184 Posts
Try getting a paper towel and some wd-40 an wipe them down or maybe even some greese

1 - 5 of 5 Posts