Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I got a padded bikini top with the TJ but it has straps and some velcro round the roll bars....how does the front go on? Is there a thread for this?????

·
Registered
19,285 Posts
I but my bottoms on first then my top haha. But yeah you have to have a header on ur windshield. My soft top and bikini both tuck in the same way

·
Registered
183 Posts
Depends which one you purchased as well. If it's Bestop and it only covers front and passenger, then you need the header mentioned above. If it's the safari bikini, which covers front and rear seats, you'll need a windshield channel that you must drill. Smittybilt has very inexpensive safari style bikini tops in which you DON'T need to drill, but need to purchase header identical to the one "wavebacktothetj" is talking about. Again, smittybilt bikini tops are way cheaper $$$ than Bestop. I've had both by the way.....currently have the smittybilt one....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks....I dont want my junk flappin in the breeze....LOL
GUESS IF YOU DONT HAVE THAT STIFF THING UP FRONT IT JUST WONT WORK....

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
:rofl:
And now, here's Roy

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok can anyone post some pics of this bar for the softtop? how it attaches and all that jazz? Yeah I know the wise crackers will come outta the woodwork...LOL

·
Vendor
5,686 Posts
If it's Bestop and it only covers front and passenger, then you need the header mentioned above. If it's the safari bikini, which covers front and rear seats, you'll need a windshield channel that you must drill.
This is not precisely correct. You can get a no-drill Safari style Bikini top. We sell both the no-drill and the drill-in windshield headers. You do need to make sure the Bikini top goes with the windshield channel it was designed for: they are not interchangeable.

·
Vendor
5,686 Posts
ok I got a padded bikini top with the TJ but it has straps and some velcro round the roll bars....how does the front go on? Is there a thread for this?????
I'm not sure I can answer this unless I see a picture of your Bikini top. There are a lot of different ones out there, and they all attach to the windshield in slightly different ways, depending on who made it (Mopar, Bestop, etc.).

·
Registered
183 Posts
This is not precisely correct. You can get a no-drill Safari style Bikini top. We sell both the no-drill and the drill-in windshield headers. You do need to make sure the Bikini top goes with the windshield channel it was designed for: they are not interchangeable.
Ahh! Good to know! I was always under the impression Bestop didn't offer the no-drill windshield header for safari bikini....thanks for clearing that up for me.....:D

·
Trail Mom
2,864 Posts
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Waaaaayyy too many things to twist around in that statement!!!
Good post!

·
Trail Mom
2,864 Posts
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

OMFG! Stop already!
You're gonna get me in trouble!

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
no drill header for my '04 sport has 2 1/2 inch head screws that tighten clamps into where the latches for the soft top usually go. Have to remove and reinstall every time between soft top and bikini top. Once you have everything (assuming that yours attaches same as mine) have had the best luck LOOSELY attaching straps over speakers first, than tucking front into no drill header,than pulling just tight enough to give it shape, than tucking sides with velcro or door surrounds, pull back straps tight, and than last step is the center strap to the footman loop on windshield.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ROTFLMAO.....I wanted to leave the floor open for a few smart ass comments just to make this a not tech-geek thread.....Thanks for the info and the harassment. Like the man said "Ya gotta pay for your education". I will try to post a pic later this weekend of the jeep top (just to clerify...LOL)
YA GOTTA LOVE THIS FORUM.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks to everyone for making me laugh today. Too funny. Absolutely LOVED the Hee-Haw reference!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts