Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm installing a Blue Ox base plate so I can tow our new Jeep behind our motorhome and the first step says "Using a phillips screwdriver remove the 4 push pins from the bottom of the belly pan." I'm looking at those push pins and can't figure out how to get them out - what is the secret?

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
So, I'm installing a Blue Ox base plate so I can tow our new Jeep behind our motorhome and the first step says "Using a phillips screwdriver remove the 4 push pins from the bottom of the belly pan." I'm looking at those push pins and can't figure out how to get them out - what is the secret?
What year Jeep?

My 14 has a push/pull pin style in the lower plastic cover.

If yours are the same.. pull it out, then it will release. Then the whole thing will come out of the hole.

A picture of what yours look like will help.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We've got a 2017, and the pins look just like that. So, do I just get a flat blade screwdriver underneath that flat head and pry it out?

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
How to remove those "push pins"?

We've got a 2017, and the pins look just like that. So, do I just get a flat blade screwdriver underneath that flat head and pry it out?
Yeah, you can. Pry between the head and the bottom of the plastic rivet. Or grab the old style pliers and grab the head and pull it out if you cannot do it with your fingers.

Dirt and crud get in to them which can make them hard to pull apart.

Also... don’t get scared if they do come apart. They will go back together.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got those pins out - pulling with some pliers did the trick. Then I got to the next step: removing the bumper. I got the outside nuts off, and the inside ones on the passenger side, but there is no way I can get at the inside ones on the driver's side - there's some kind of pump or something in the way and I can't get a socket in there!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks - I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts