Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rig has had a noisy clunking sound when parked and shift into reverse. Sounds like linkage or a metal rod banging in the transmission. I just figured this being another Jeep thing that we all experience but would like to add this to my list of repairs. When I use the ebrake before putting into park helps some but not completely. Is this the park pawl and whats the procedure and price to repair?

·
WF approved Offical Jeep Account.
1,572 Posts
My rig has had a noisy clunking sound when parked and shift into reverse. Sounds like linkage or a metal rod banging in the transmission. I just figured this being another Jeep thing that we all experience but would like to add this to my list of repairs. When I use the ebrake before putting into park helps some but not completely. Is this the park pawl and whats the procedure and price to repair?
Hello Georgie Boy,
If you decide to take your vehicle to your local Jeep dealer for diagnosis and need additional assistance, feel free to reach out to us privately.
Laura
JeepCares

1 - 2 of 2 Posts