Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the window seals on the sides of my brothers hardtop are shot. i ordered new ones. is there any particular way to do these? i dont wna screw up anything.

·
Registered
458 Posts
06GoldenEagle said:
the window seals on the sides of my brothers hardtop are shot. i ordered new ones. is there any particular way to do these? i dont wna screw up anything.
Well I replaced the rear seal and glass on my hardtop. I installed the seal on the glass and used a string to pull the glass and seal into place. There is a video on you tube on this, they work on a windshield though.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not replacing the windows thats why im asking is there any particular way to do these.

·
Registered
458 Posts
06GoldenEagle said:
I'm not replacing the windows thats why im asking is there any particular way to do these.
No. You have to take the old seal out remove the glass install new seal onto glass and install into the hardtop. Doesn't matter if your replacing the glass or not you will still have to remove it.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well least if a window shop does them i know its done right and if nothing i can have the glass tinted the same time

1 - 7 of 7 Posts