Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was driving my jeep last night and the muffler was starting to get really loud. I looked under it this morning and opened up my muffler and the bearings were worn out. I bought a new set of bearings but I'm not sure how to install them. Here's a pic .any help would be great. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
Oh, those are easy to replace. the pain is that you also have to replace your flux Capacitor along with the new muffler bearing.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Them flux capacitors I tell ya! So that would mean I'd have to drain the hydraulic oil from my leaf springs to be able to reach where the flux capacitor is , right??

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
You are soooooo lucky to have the Special Snap-on Tool to remove those bearings !
That tool alone is worth it's weight in gold....
I used teflon sliders in my leaf springs so I don't need to drain em anymore, smartest thing I ever did !
So far I been pretty lucky, haven't had a Flux cap. go bad yet, i found if ya keep em dry they last forever... "BH"

·
Registered
552 Posts
The biggest problem i've had when replacing muffler bearings is finding the right size o-ring stretcher for the job. after that it's all easy.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
The stealership will send you a how to dvd but the only problem is you have to buy a dvd rewinder to be able to watch it more than once. :rofl:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Don't forget to add the bearing brands stickers to get the bearings full potential. I'd hate for u to pay for the promised 25 hp and only get 10 hp.

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
Once one replace those bearings...make sure ya plastidip the hell out your jeep to make it cool. Then be sure to start a new post "Hey look what I plastidipped today" for every component that has been sprayed When it peels, don't worry, just buy 14 more cans of plastidip.

Oh, and someone already started a thread once about plastidipping Jeep seats, so you don't need to start a thread on that.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Might as well do the Catalytic Converter Bearings as well. If the ceramic inside is not cooked evenly at 210-230 degrees on all sides it will not take the necessary particles out of the exhaust and set off a O2 sensor or destroy your cat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Might as well do the Catalytic Converter Bearings as well. If the ceramic inside is not cooked evenly at 210-230 degrees on all sides it will not take the necessary particles out of the exhaust and set off a O2 sensor or destroy your cat.
I hate it when my cat gets destroyed, that why I only have a dog.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Blackfootman said:
I hate it when my cat gets destroyed, that why I only have a dog.
:rofl:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My blinker fluid is topped up, so all good. Im thinking of putting stainless iron piston return springs for vtec like Rpms and better gallons per mile

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Definitely an interesting and helpful thread. I think that the only thing that I need to know about now is when is the right time to change air in my tires from Summer air to Winter Air.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Don't forget the wind repellent for the windshield. I always keep a bottle in the Jeep. Works great for keeping all that bug kill off my windshield.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The sky hooks have to be big enough to keep the Johnson rod from contacting the muffler bearings, if not they will disintegrate !

1 - 20 of 25 Posts