Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new set of wheels and tires on the way and had a question about tire rotation

Is it advisable to rotate all five tires, including the spare. I was thiking of rotating in a clockwise direction about every 5,000 miles. So the first rotation the spare would go the the back left and the right rear would be moved to the spare and so on. I figure this way after 25,000 miles, ever tire only has 20,000 miles of actual use and 5,000 miles on the back gate.

Can this be done? Or do you only rotate tires on the same side of the vehicle, front to back, back to front????

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found this. The rearward would apply to us (rear wheel drive). Is this what everyone does?

·
Registered
52 Posts
if you have directional tires then you would need to rotate along the same side if not then going from side to side would not be a problem

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
I found this. The rearward would apply to us (rear wheel drive). Is this what everyone does?

x2
I am on the 3rd set of BFG's on my TJ. (replaced stock tires at 20K) I average about 50K+ miles per set. I rotate all 5. as per the diagram. Jeep is over 150K miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts