Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, it's taken me a while to find this irritating...I have a 2014 Wrangler JK and the folded up rear seat bounces around when I drive - there's no lock for it. How ridiculous! Please offer some solid suggestions to tighten this seat so it doesn't bounce over dirt roads!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I bungee mine. Not the best, but works till I get around to doing something more permanent.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Why not take it out? Clears up a ton of space.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I made a paracord grab handle for the headrest that had a carabiner on one end. When the seat was folded up i would clip the carabiner onto the seat bracket. It was just long enough to hold the seat tight. Worked well. I eventually just removed the seat completely because I don't use it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Bungees!! I use two 24 inch bungee cords. I attach each one to one the headrest and attach it to the opposite seat lock to the rear seats. It's tight and never moves.

·
Registered
87 Posts
One bungee that goes from the big round bar at the bottom (the one you use to remove it) up to the driver headrest. Works great, no movement, doesn't leave a mark on the seat and can all be done one-handed while holding stuff in your other hand. Bungee lays under the seat when it's not in use. Cheap, easy, and now you always have a bungee on hand for whatever else just in case...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts