Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
291 Posts
When I watched this video, I wasn't impressed. I don't know why, I just wasn't. It seems like he just came up with it on the spot. Also it seems like it would take an eternity, and only last a short while.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Seems like a lot of work for something that's not a show vehicle. Spray some degreaser everywhere let it soak for a bit and hit it with a power washer, engine and bay clean.

·
Registered
884 Posts
To the naysayers:

The engine cleaning tips weren't made up for the video. Many detailers use that exact same procedure.

As for it being a lot of work that is undone the first time the jeep goes offroad, once the engine bay is clean it is easy to keep it that way. Dust just blows off with an air hose and all it usually takes is a quick wipe down to look great. Sometimes I take some "satin" tire dressing and spray it on a rag and then wipe down the hoses and plastic parts. It leaves no residue and dust doesn't stick.

Bottom line: Its nice being able to work in an engine bay without getting covered in dirt and grease. Also, leaks are easier to spot, trace and address before they become serious if the rest of the machinery isn't covered with oil.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ahh chrisfix! I like his videos. I thought about doing this, but honestly I'm so lazy. Generally when I'm working on something, engine or drivetrain etc I'll clean it with a rag or something. That's about the extent I go to. Eventually I'll get every component!

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
I've been thinking about does this just to remove some of the built up grime, but certainly don't care to have it show room looking. I do like Chris Fix's video on how to change your own blinker fluid though. Has saved me a LOT of $$$. I think my blinkers have a leak. Maybe cleaning the engine bay will help me see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6GsXhBb10k

1 - 8 of 8 Posts