Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My right turn signal is flashing to fast and i replaced all of the bulbs. they all currently work but it still flashes to fast. i read on another thread that you can switch to heavy duty flashers and this would solve my problem. How do I go about switching???

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
You replaced all the bulbs? Front and rear?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I replaced all of the bulbs front and rear. I tried cleaning all of the sockets. Then I tried using some electrical gel thinking maybe one of the wasn't making good contact. None of the tricks worked. All of the bulbs light up and they continue to flash to fast.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,387 Posts
There are three turn signal bulbs on each side, you checked all three on the right side? Flashing too fast is the flasher's way of saying it's not getting enough current drawn which indicates one of the three bulbs isn't drawing any current.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all three of them flash. I don't know if this helps any but when i turn my headlights on my front running light/blinker does not come on.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,387 Posts
That's a good indication there is a weak or missing ground in your right turn signal circuit which is the likely cause of the flasher flashing too fast for right turns. Check that the black wires going to all three of your right turn signals are all grounded properly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts