Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I know that there are a few of these posts out their but all the ones I found didn't have any pictures still available, the links were bad. I just mounted some KC Long range lights on the KC windshield brackets and I want to wire them so that all the wires are completely hidden. I have already ran from the relay to my switch and hid that through the firewall but I need to hide the wires from the bracket to the relay and battery and keep them hidden as much as possible. I prefer to not drill any visible holes as well. Thanks in advance for you time and help!

·
Registered
607 Posts
I know you said you didnt want to drill any holes, but i just did the exact same thing today and really, I figured that I will most likely never take these lights off so i drilled a hole in the windshield post right behind the light about an inch above the top of the bracket. The wire from the light to the post is about 3 inches at the most, and looks great. I'll take pictures tomorrow in the light.

·
Registered
33,540 Posts
I folded the windshield enough to run the wires between the seals, so there is only a short amount of wire seen.

·
Registered
216 Posts
i ran my wires through the door jam, at the base of the windshield. pulled off the plastic that runs down the inside of the windshield (door seal go up to) and put the wires through there and connected that way... i can see if i have a pic somewhere...

·
Registered
851 Posts
Pull the cowling between the hood and windshield and run the wires through there. Right at the corner of the cowl under the lights you will notice you can run the wires without pinching them. To run them 100% invisible will require some visible holes drilled.

Not the best pic, but all I have at work. If you save the pic and zoom in some, you can see what I'm talking about. On the passenger side you can see the red wire where I lost my wire loom at. Forgot to zip tie the ends and it blew off.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This is what I did. I ran the wire through the windshield hinge first and then through the corner of the cowl. I circled where you can slightly see the wire in between the hinge and cowl.

ForumRunner_20120116_102623.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts