Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Started this thread because I think it could get some pretty good responses.

My boyfriend and I split everything about our Jeep. Like mod costs, regular payments, gas...
But when it comes to DRIVING it, that's different. You see, I 'get' to drive it to work every day but it's a 15 min commute and it's all downtown/freeway type stuff. Not very interesting at all. But when we're together and running errands, or even going camping and offroading, I don't get to drive because "I get to drive it all week". Therefore I get to drive more OFTEN but I get wayyyyyy less of the fun stuff.

So, to all the people who share a jeep with someone or anyone else who wants to chime in...

HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHO DRIVES :pullinghair:

*pass the mic*

·
Registered
268 Posts
My wife paid for her JK... I still have a 17 year old ZJ. Unfortunately both her arms are broken right now so I've been driving it (with her, if I go myself somewhere I take my own heep).

Honestly I see myself getting a wrangler sometime down the road now. It's pretty sweet.

Mike

·
Premium Member
16,866 Posts
I have my hand clamped over my internet mouth. So many punch lines so little time.....

Bad post timing, not for your post crazy

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought a manual...the decision was made at the dealership.
I pride myself on being a chick driver who can drive stick! :D
Even the Honda Fit we had before was a manual.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
who bought the jeep, decision over -- right there :whistling:
:lmao:

That wouldn't be fair. we split everything down the middle. Why would I pay half the jeep for him to drive it

·
Registered
146 Posts
My wife just scrapped the driver side of her WK2 in a parking garage... Not too much damage, but a 6" scrape and good dent.

A few years ago she did the passenger side front bumper.

I told her she can't touch my JK.

·
Registered
526 Posts
My better half thinks I'm a superhero. I have 2 wranglers one is auto and one is manual. I let her drive the auto one. It has a 4" lift and she thought she was driving a monster truck. She was scared of running over the car in front of her. She doesn't even know where to begin with the manual and just looks at me like I'm crazy driving it.

I got a chevy apache with an 8" lift, I should let her drive it once so she can stop thinking my jeep is a monster truck. I don't think she can handle a big block though lol

·
Registered
222 Posts
:lmao:

That wouldn't be fair. we split everything down the middle. Why would I pay half the jeep for him to drive it
Why you'd split the cost of a car with a bf/gf is a better question.

To answer original post, I bought a stick and my wife can't/won't learn to drive one.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
It's my wifes DD but I make the payment so when we are together then I drive, plus she is the scariest driver I've ever rode with lol
Lol, same here!

Fell in love with Jeeps so much I might be trading in my lifted 06 F150 for another Jeep. Truck is getting up in age and a lifted IFS system is hard on parts.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Why you'd split the cost of a car with a bf/gf is a better question.

To answer original post, I bought a stick and my wife can't/won't learn to drive one.
Because we're two peas in a jeep pod, that's why :beerdrinking:

I find that alot with my other female friends as well... they refuse to even try! At first I was the same but I always like learning new things so I gave it a shot. Never going back to an auto. Ever. I hope one day she decides to try though :)

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Because we're two peas in a jeep pod, that's why :beerdrinking:

I find that alot with my other female friends as well... they refuse to even try! At first I was the same but I always like learning new things so I gave it a shot. Never going back to an auto. Ever. I hope one day she decides to try though :)
As much as I like a manual, I prefer an auto for wheeling. Hate having to change plates and throw out bearings every few years. Just my feelings on a manual shift Jeep

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.