Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2014 Wrangler Polar Edition with a Uconnect system. I go topless often and live in Florida where it rains almost daily during the summer. Will the Uconnect withstand rain blowing in on it?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I wonder the same thing. If not, then I wonder why Jeep never addressed this, as they seem to make a big deal about the interior being washed out with a hose. But I am guessing its not waterproof in any way.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a very disappointing short cut if they have taken it. It doesn't look water resistant at all. Maybe I am being too optimistic....

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't think there is any convertible vehicle that would come with a water resistant radio. None that I ever had anyway. I did have one in m a boat though. Maybe a one gallon zip lock bag?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I don't think there is any convertible vehicle that would come with a water resistant radio. None that I ever had anyway. I did have one in m a boat though. Maybe a one gallon zip lock bag?
Yes, but those convertibles weren't rated to drive thru 30 inches of water, and designed to go mudding. They even advertise the Jeep running thru mud and deep water with the top off.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I wonder the same thing. If not, then I wonder why Jeep never addressed this, as they seem to make a big deal about the interior being washed out with a hose. But I am guessing its not waterproof in any way.
If you ever noticed, Jeep's hose is never higher than the bottom of the dash.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ever notice how much rain blows in when the doors are off and you are cruising at 50+? Even with a bimini top on. That's my problem. Not hitting it with a hose.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had the regular radio in my 08 and it got very wet about half a dozen times. My 14 has the 430N, so i'm not sure how that will hold up.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
its not water resistant at all. one rain storm and my speakers were going in and out left and right front to back, etc. it works fine after drying out but my sat radio hasnt worked since.

If you have freedom panels, keep them on. they provide enough cover to keep the radio dry.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have an 08 and ran completely top less all last summer without any issues with the radio or other electronics.

One thing I did was when parked I would zip tie a large shopping bag over the steering wheel to help protect the clock spring.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
The stock radio is not water resistant at all.

I've seen one guy who replaced their stock radio and speakers with a setup made for a boat, but even that really didn't do too much since the other buttons (AC/steering wheel controls/etc) are not waterproofed either.

Really waterproofing the interior would require replacing most everything in there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts