Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My LJ has 3.5 springs, short arms, and continually adding weight/settling springs have lowered the jeep slightly.

I bought the bolt on rear spring re locators to straighten the rear springs, and it gives bonus of ~1/1.5 lift on the rear. Additionally I bought JKS ACOS adjustable front spacers to level the front out with the back when the relocators are added, and especially when a winch is added to the front.

With this additional lift from the spacers/re locators, Will I need to replaced shocks with different length?

Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
You'll have to cycle your suspension to tell that. Don't forget to do an alignment after you install them.

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
The ACOS and the rear spring relocaters are nothing more than fancy spacers. The shock travel bias will shift by the amount of the spacer. A one inch spacer on an existing shock will add done inch of up and take away one inch of down.

Ideally, your overall shock travel should be divided evenly in half. If these fancy spacers have moved the shock travels too far away from half, then you might want to think about longer shocks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts