Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My jeep JK is way over built for what I do with it. I live in Michigan so its not like I'm out climbing boulders and slick rock on the weekends. This truck would be the perfect combo of what I love about my Jeep combined with what I miss about driving my F150. I bow hunt and had to have my cousin come out last year to get my deer from the field I shot it in. I cut firewood for my fireplace. So many things I miss having a truck for. I have a 5x10 trailer that has been great behind the Jeep but it would be so convenient to just throw stuff in the bed when you need to. I look forward to checking it out at the Detroit auto show in January. When the Hydo Blue comes available the Rubicon may have to go up for sale in favor of the new Gladiator.

Hank

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
honestly can't really decide what I would use the Gladiator for, of course I used to use my F250 for actual work like landscaping and masonry and other things like that, and at this time im no longer doing any of that type of stuff so yea, the Gladiator would be used as a down sizing option at least, it will be nice IF they offer it in a 6 spd manual...here's hoping they at least offer that as an option...that is one of the big things causing me to debate getting rid of my F250 the other is a diesel option...with my F250 even though its way more truck then I currently need I have the diesel AND manual transmission to boot the best of both worlds, I am hoping Jeep does the same...

·
Super Moderator
22,940 Posts
I would love one and my use would be pretty much like I use my rubicon except I could haul more camping gear. Most of my wheeling consists of local trails, Moab once a year and somewhere like Colorado every other year. Not sure why people think it is too long off road with. The AEV crew has done the Rubicon Trail in 4 door Brutes and did Kane Creek in full size Rams. I have seen full size trucks on Poison spider and Hells revenge. Seems like the perfect blend to me. I would sell my small off road trailer and think about doing a RTT on the Gladiator. The only thing that will be an issue is the price of admission.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
What is keeping me on the fence is that my primary use would be off road. And an extra 20" of wheelbase and the really long rear overhang aren't optimal for that.

While I want more room for my stuff on long Jeep trips, I don't want to sacrifice too much off road capability. And I'm not sure I have enough stuff to need a JT. If I end up replacing my 2dr I'll be more likely to end up with a 4dr JLU instead.

But a JT would be nice parked next to my J10...

·
Registered
536 Posts
From what I've seen with reported towing capacity plus the pictures of it towing a Wagoneer I would definitely use one as a tow rig for my TJ. Both my wife and I would love a truck for many reasons but this is one that definitely sticks out in my mind, plus I don't need a full size truck and something a little smaller would be better for me with having to drive to work in downtown Toronto sometimes.

The truck would stay stock height and maybe only get towing upgrades, wouldn't get a Rubicon or likely do any trails with it if I got one, thats why I have the TJ

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'll use it for daily driving and towing my box trailer full of ATV's to the trail-head and/or campground. Same thing I use my F-150 for now. The only question will be if I keep the TJ too.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I hunt , boat , and go to Starbucks . So the truck bed is needed for the first two . I can’t wait .

And now I don’t need to drive our work truck to haul my nautique .

I’ll be lifting it the minute parts are available with wheels and tires

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,388 Posts
Like a truck, what else? I have a TJ for the trails, but I'd probably lift it a couple inches.

I haven't had a truck in several years...this would do nicely.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
gonna use it to tow my Cj2A or my JKU to offroad in. Will also use for family camping trip to Yellowstone and Glacier National Forest. Will offroad in it too. Waiting on the diesel.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Probably a lot like what I use my JKU for, only shifting some cargo to the bed from my roof rack and hitch basket.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Four mountain bikes, duffel bag of gear, yeti full of beer, and three topless chicks in my topless truck.
Sounds like winning the game of life. :beerdrinking:

·
Registered
481 Posts
As a truck... to tow my projects (cars), the boat, whenever I need to tow the motorcycle... all the stuff I do today with my X5.

Then to start going places that I just can’t with my X5... I want to make it into an overland vehicle to take it into places our class B RV can’t go...

I want to have it ready and paid for by the time I retire... still many moons to go, but I have a well defined plan... that is, if I don’t die early, lol.

Reactions: lindel

·
Registered
25 Posts
Definitely will be using it for the dirt-bikes and the Jet Ski. My only fear is loosing internal vehicle storage room.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Defiantly will be using it for the dirt-bikes and the Jet Ski. My only fear is loosing internal vehicle storage room.
Defiantly? Are you not supposed to be carrying dirt bikes and jet skis? You also shouldn't be loosing storage. All roads require you to secure your load.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 39 Posts