Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

261 - 280 of 434 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
Great post. Your jeep looks awesome!
When are you putting in some Trucklites?
Thanks. Idk, I definitely need them but I fee like I can put the money into more important things.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I thought the same thing too. But after driving a few other vehicles, I was surprised how bad mine were. I'm so thankful I bought them. Made a huge difference.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
I thought the same thing too. But after driving a few other vehicles, I was surprised how bad mine were. I'm so thankful I bought them. Made a huge difference.
Jeep headlights are horrible, one day ill swap them but for now thats further down the list.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
Awesome video. Did you make it yourself? it looked pretty professional so if you did that is even cooler. Also how is that is your front bumper a Smittybilt SRC Front Stinger Bumper? If it is how is it holding up? I'm looking at getting one as soon as I get the money.
I bring my buddy out who does the filming and editing. Ive got a t3i and FCP but I just let him do all the work he likes it. I found it difficult to get the shots myself with my camera and go pro when wheeling, a lot easier to just bring a dedicated camera/spotter. It is the smittybilt stinger, I cut the plate off. I didn't like the powder coating on it so I grinded it all off and painted it. I will switch over to a poison spyder one some day but its been holding up good.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
So when my belt went last time it broke the power steering reservoir off the shroud mount and nicked the container just enough to cause a small leak. When I got home some rtv fixed it but yesterday my temporary mount failed and the power steering reservoir rubbed against the fan causing a bigger hole and a second one. So today i 95% fixed it by melting plastic on the holes and then a coat of jb weld over it. I have to fix a small small crack tomorrow and ill be good hopefully.
While i was fixing that I noticed a knick and a fray on my serpentine belt. So I cut that off and got a replacement from auto zone today. So tomorrow I have to put a new belt on, seal the power steering, and maybe replace a idle pulley in time to leave around 430am on Saturday to head up to Rausch Creek for the day.
I am planning a trip to Moab in April, I just need to find a trailer to rent, I got everything covered for that and am pretty stoked to head out there.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
Just got back from Rausch Creek, left at 4am this morning and drove all day till 8pm. In the park from 845am-330pm. I fixed the power steering leak, fan shroud, and belt last night and had zero problems today on the trail. Did the North East property and then the East property for a little at the end, played around on the comp course too. Covered about 10 miles of ground today. I had my friend out filming so when I get the videos I will post them here but we did get some awesome shots today. Group was myself, a 2-door jk rubi, and a ford raptor. Very fun day, some snow in some spots but nothing like last time.
Videos to come

·
Registered
137 Posts
Your jeep is looking real nice, looks like the suspension is working well from the picture.
If your passenger side is sitting lower on your jeep try this trick. Jeeps ar nor tori for sagging on the passenger side due to the torque when shifting. If you have a 1" difference , put a 1" spacer in the passenger side rear. The theory behind it is like nascar. When you see them put that ratchet thru the back window and crank it up or down it not only affects the rear but the front. I have never tried it but I have seen guys do it and it works. Just an idea till you get new springs.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
Thanks
I have to send the measurements and pictures to BDS for replacement springs. I know that the passenger side will sag from the torque of an engine but 1" sag from a 4cyl is ridiculous imo. I keep my spare tire inside on the driver side. The bottom coils of the spring are almost touching each other. I just want to get some new springs from them so I can have an even working suspension.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
Ah I saw the full edit from RC but am waiting for the vimeo link. Ill add a screenshot and try to put a little raw clip up.
Still trying to deal with BDS, I emailed them monday morning with all pictures and measurements but haven't heard anything back. Getting a little frustrating.
Im in Flordia at the Orgill convention so ill pick up some tire deflators, pressure gauges, pretty much anything I can get back on the plane. Theres another big show up in the NE in two weeks so ill bring home some bigger goodies in the car. When I get back I'm going to order a front Aussie locker for my d30. Its about time to add a locker.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
Thanks!
Before/after

Attachments

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
Did some night wheeling tonight, still waiting to hear back from bds, has been a week since last email.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #276
Ok so I sent a 2nd email to BDS and heard back from them, they insist that I switch the springs and if the measurements are the same when switched they with warranty new springs. So Ill do that tomorrow. Thinking about doing .5", 1" spacers and do new bump stops when I get the new springs in.

Planning a lot of work on the boat in the coming week, today I did a lot of gelcoat work. Weather is nice out. Boat will be in soon enough, 5 months since shoulder surgery I can finally cast a rod and plug the sod banks. Don't know when I'm going to get the locker, I'm going to another show in rhode island so I'm hoping I can work some booth deals on tools and truck accessories. Sadly couldnt bring a lot home from florida.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #277
Got off the phone with BDS, I had to pay for the springs but when i send the old ones back they will refund me. I was able to get the 3" springs so I'm happy with that. Ill see how driveline vibs go ill probably need a mml. Ill have to do my bumpstops since the shocks will be the main limiting factor now

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
New 3" Springs will be here on wednesday. Plans are:
-I scored a JKS 1" mml on fb for 25$
-See how everything settles but I'm looking at getting front/rear currie adj trackbars for about $350. I need to find out how the rear will fit with the 8.8.
-Adjust bumpstops since the shocks are for a 2" kit and they still bottomed out then.
I want to do control arms since the stock ones are really my weak links right now but to do it right with currie its about 1k for all 8.

On Sunday I went to Wharton and covered about 35 miles of trails. My thermostat was stuck open all day so the engine was running at 160F. I have one ill swap in. My 4wd linkage popped on the last trail with 8-10 mud holes in 2wd so i got stuck about 5 times before I finally climbed under and fixed it.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
3" Springs in, now 4.25" lift

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
I dropped my tank since my fuel pump went out on Sunday morning. New one comes tomorrow, I went with the Bosch assembly. Almost had my metal cloak trackbars ordered but fuel pump and emt course deposit sucked that money out!
My mml comes on Wednesday so I'll put that in and then see how she drives fast

261 - 280 of 434 Posts