Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 JKUR
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I purchased the bumper and skid plate for a 2017 recon and installed them on my 2017 JKUR but I am kind of in a bind.

The bumper came from with the Speed Nuts/U Nuts/L Nuts to attach the skid plate. However the cross member frame didnt come with the nuts to attach the rear bolts for the skid plate. I dont think it takes speed nuts because there is no way to clip them. Its just a hole in the frame cross member. But I need to be sure and to find out what I need to use to attach those two rear bolts.

Can someone please go outside and check what the rear bolts on their skid plates screw into? I need to buy what ever that is and I want to make sure I buy the correct item.

Please and thank you

Lloyd

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2017 JKUR
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hope this helps
sadly it doesnt really help but its close. I need to know what those bolts connect to on the back end. Is there any way to get your phone up beside the tire and take a photo onto the cross member frame rail where thsoe bolts connect?

·
Premium Member
2017 JKUR
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Pretty sure you need these
Even for the back two? Its a cross member so dont know how they clip on. It has sides to it. I guess I can order some online and if they dont work Im only out a few bucks

·
Premium Member
2017 JKUR
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. Now I got find some. I appreciate your help.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
If I remember correctly when I used to have my 2012 Sport. I ran into this problem as well and found couple nuts and big washers from my friend's tool box.
Same issue a month ago installing a takeoff hardrock skip plate. Didn't receive either of the fasteners that attach skid to the frame. Stopped at an Ace Hardware, picked up two 2" long flange bolts, corresponding nuts and a couple of fender washers to ensure the nuts didn't pull through the frame opening. Done.

Fasteners are so low and back that no one will see unless under the Jeep, so no need to search out black headed flange bolts unless severely OCD.

·
Premium Member
2017 JKUR
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those are too small. I found the correct size though at O'Reilly. For those bolts you need M10x1.50

·
Premium Member
2017 JKUR
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
First I want to thank everyone for their help and I wanted to show what part number it was from O'Reillys. The part number was 5558CT and it was a little over 3 bucks. It came with 2 clips. See photos below.

Thanks again guys!!!!

Attachments

Reactions: Heavy-Metal
1 - 12 of 12 Posts