Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going to huckfest this year? Got my spot reserved a while back and only rigs my friends have are big diesels and broncos, no jeeps. :nonono: Seeing if any other jeepers are going to be in the dunes for huckfest and maybe meet up with some and go ridding in the dunes if it isn't crazy full with people.

Kind of bummed that it is getting so much media exposure this year (but supposedly Robby Gordon is showing to huck :dance: ) and that they are trying to get people to pay to watch the hucking contest. Miss the old days when a small crowd would show up to comp hill and it wasn't as official.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
The sand drags used to be every Memorial or Labor Day weekend out at Competition Hill. They were free until they moved them to the furthest South end of the dunes, then they used the fence on one side to block people and made another fence line with the orange mesh stuff so they could charge. It was about 8.00 at first, then gradually got more and more expensive. We went the first couple years and then stopped, I don't even know if they allow them any more.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I use to go to the drags. But it was more of the unofficial drags just groups of people meeting up and racing. But haven't seen that many people lately doing it.

Went to huckfest about 2 years ago and it was still just a bunch of weekend warriors with the occasional big time pre-runner rigs. This year there is suppose to be more big time names and teams and for some reason they think monster trucks are a good addition.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Yeah I use to go to the drags. But it was more of the unofficial drags just groups of people meeting up and racing. But haven't seen that many people lately doing it.

Went to huckfest about 2 years ago and it was still just a bunch of weekend warriors with the occasional big time pre-runner rigs. This year there is suppose to be more big time names and teams and for some reason they think monster trucks are a good addition.
I guess if you want to see monster trucks that's a good place to go. You don't see them out on the rocks that's for sure, lol. Lot's of money into some of those rigs and they do nothing but cruise up and down the beach. I love living here, but get tired of seeing some of that stuff.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I hope everyone going to this has a spot reserved or a hotel room. The rigs are pouring into town last night and this morning every other vehicle on the freeway was a truck/SUV with a toyhauler/trailer. It's going to be a zoo down there and with the weather being nice many of the locals will be headed down too.

Be safe and watch out for the dummies :)

Lisa

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
As I drove home tonight I can see trailers for miles out there. The temp was in the mid 70's and clear :)

·
Registered
920 Posts
Heading out on about half hour, grandson is sooo excited. I showed him some videos and he was going around the house jumping his toy trucks. He says he wants to 4WD. lol. At 3 yrs old and he knows whats up.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Heading out on about half hour, grandson is sooo excited. I showed him some videos and he was going around the house jumping his toy trucks. He says he wants to 4WD. lol. At 3 yrs old and he knows whats up.
My grandson turned 2 in May, he has said he wants to go in Dama's Eep since he could talk, lol. Now he tells me it's his Jeep and I can drive, I'm pretty sure I'll be hiding the key by the time he's 10-12. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
I can't get in!! Day passes are sold out. Waiting down the street (with hundreds of other people)

Get me a day pass for today and I will hook you up $$$$!!!

·
Registered
273 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
After an hour and a half at the gate stuck in traffic, we are about 6 cars back when they tell us beach is closed. They sold all entrance passes for the day and cannot sell a single ticket more. F.M.L!!
Now sitting in Santa Barbara trying to make most of rest of day. Oh well, $80 in gas to help local economy. Have fun if you made it out there.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
After an hour and a half at the gate stuck in traffic, we are about 6 cars back when they tell us beach is closed. They sold all entrance passes for the day and cannot sell a single ticket more. F.M.L!!
Now sitting in Santa Barbara trying to make most of rest of day. Oh well, $80 in gas to help local economy. Have fun if you made it out there.
I wish I would have seen this earlier, there's a back way to park and walk in. It's about a mile, but at least you would have gotten onto the beach and not far from the action. Once in the dunes you could have bummed a ride from someone or walked a little more.

I knew it would be sketchy for people getting in, they were packing in on Thurs. evening and Friday morning.

My Dad has always gotten season passes and I used to borrow it when I lived at home to get in on big weekends. Okay.....I used to steal it to get down there, lol.

Next time there's something like this, you guys need to get in touch with me and I will go get your pass early if I'm able. Sorry I didn't think of that this time, I go by the ramp almost daily :(

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
We bummed a day pass from some guy at the gas station.. Got in!!!
Thought about doing that too, but after sitting in traffic, being rerouted to other gate, cut off by idiots with no respect for others in line, and then told beach was closed when I was less than 50 yards from gate, I said F-it and went to Santa Barbara to have a picnic on the beach with my grandson and wife. It turned out to be a great day, however my grandsons been asking all day, when we get to see the trucks jump? Guess a Glamis trip is in store this winter. Never seen Glamis closed off, yet.

Hope you had a blast while there.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts