Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the Rancho 2" thread, but thought I would ask here as well. I just finished up my Rancho 2" lift on Friday and noticed on the highway It seems as though I've got a strange hum noise. It starts around 50 mph and will dissipate just over 60 mph. It's almost like a "wub wub wub" sound. The Jeep tracks fine down the road. I did notice that it looks like the rear drivers wheel was most likely the spare for the life of the vehicle before I bought it and doesn't have any balancing weights. I'm going to swap it with the spare this weekend to see if that alleviates the problem. I'm also going to remove and re-torque all the other wheels. This noise was not present pre-lift. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
879 Posts
It's possible that the noise is coming from one of your driveshafts since you've increased the working angle. Check the splines and joints to insure they move freely. You can remove each one individually and test drive to pinpoint DS related issues.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May be a dumb question, but what is the best way to go about doing so?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Best way to inspect is to remove the driveshaft. You can check the spline and joints by detaching it at the diff end so you can move the DS around freely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts