Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Love Hump N’ Bump. Have been the last three years. The Charles Manson compound is cool. Can’t go this year :(.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Love Hump N’ Bump. Have been the last three years. The Charles Manson compound is cool. Can’t go this year :(.
Did you mean the Barker Ranch in Death Valley? That's one of the trails on "Panamint Valley Days" the 2nd week of November. "Hump and Bump" is the first weekend of November in Logandale, NV.

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Did you mean the Barker Ranch in Death Valley? That's one of the trails on "Panamint Valley Days" the 2nd week of November. "Hump and Bump" is the first weekend of November in Logandale, NV.
Yup, wrong event, really like Panamint Valley Days also.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Are you going? I was thinking of going out for a day
Well turns out my Jeep is in the shop at the moment... Well not really in a shop. Its in the slaughterhouse waiting to see if its worthwhile to bring her back alive..... I will be out of a jeep for a little bit.. but I'll start a new thread so everyone is aware of what to expect. Stay tuned.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,003 Posts
Well turns out my Jeep is in the shop at the moment... Well not really in a shop. Its in the slaughterhouse waiting to see if its worthwhile to bring her back alive..... I will be out of a jeep for a little bit.. but I'll start a new thread so everyone is aware of what to expect. Stay tuned.
What happened to your Jeep Tony?

·
Registered
761 Posts
driving down the 91 ... when I heard a bang, then there was a lot of other banging under my foot and then followed by what looks like the Incredible hulk was trying to bust thru the tub.

Turns out thats what happen when every mechanical part under the jeep explodes and takes out transfer case with it...
Pretty sure I hit something flying at me... but happened so fast cant be certain what it was.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,003 Posts
driving down the 91 ... when I heard a bang, then there was a lot of other banging under my foot and then followed by what looks like the Incredible hulk was trying to bust thru the tub.

Turns out thats what happen when your driveshaft explodes and takes out transfer case with it...
Oh man I'm sorry to read that. A seized CV joint in the front axle shaft will certainly do that.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
went to Hump and Bump a two years ago... very cool event great trails great views.. stayed in Vegas and after run ran back to Vegas didn't do bbq thing.. 40 min drive from vegas

·
Knows a couple things...
49,003 Posts
Any progress on your tcase @AirSickOstrich Tony? I'd be looking for a wrecked 231 and just using its case to replace yours with any additional parts needed. And in case you didn't see it, the most common cause of the tcase exploding like yours did is a seized CV joint in the front driveshaft.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So no one is going except me? Will be doing Hidden Canyon, Rock Bottom and Bronco Falls, should be fun!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Any progress on your tcase @AirSickOstrich Tony? I'd be looking for a wrecked 231 and just using its case to replace yours with any additional parts needed. And in case you didn't see it, the most common cause of the tcase exploding like yours did is a seized CV joint in the front driveshaft.
Nothing new Jerry. It's been about 4 weeks since we ordered it. They said about 6 weeks... I'm itching to get it done... been awhile. I missed my Jeep.
BtW... if you lead the baby run at the next meet and greet... my lil girl just got her very own JL Sport and is itching to join us at the meet and greet runz.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts