Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,643 Posts
they did you a favor! gave you an excuse to get a nice/new/heavier/stronger one so that next time they hit you it hurts them and not you ;]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39,143 Posts
Wrangler06 said:
they did you a favor! gave you an excuse to get a nice/new/heavier/stronger one so that next time they hit you it hurts them and not you ;]
Yea, but they're costing me money sooner than I had thought! Lol. I've been looking for a year and still can't decide!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,765 Posts
When the hail storm did damage to my Jeep, I took advantage of the insurance check to get a nice aftermarket hood. Wish someone would hit my rear bumper. I have a new one in mind.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rics1997 said:
When the hail storm did damage to my Jeep, I took advantage of the insurance check to get a nice aftermarket hood. Wish someone would hit my rear bumper. I have a new one in mind.
My deductible is around $500 haha. My college budget doesn't exactly allow for that.
 

·
no retreat, no surrender
Joined
·
975 Posts
I'm sorry that happened to you. People suck.
"I like people, but I like 'em well spaced" Edward Abbey

I want a set of AEV bumpers. Let 'em hit me then....

Again, sorry for your pain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
780 Posts
I am sure someone on here will have one lying around in a corner of their shed not being used that you could pick up for next to nothing.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,934 Posts
When I see a fender bender in a parking lot, I watch what the person in the vehicle that did the damage does while I take down the make, model, and plate number. After they leave the scene, if they left a note, I verify the information on the note and leave my contact information as a witness, just in case. If the person leaves no note, I leave the information for the parked car. Now, with cameras so handy, I would be temped to take a picture if I could get one. The only way that a hit and run in a parking lot can be squashed, is if people act to prevent it....even if the person acting is a witness.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39,143 Posts
jk'n said:
When I see a fender bender in a parking lot, I watch what the person in the vehicle that did the damage does while I take down the make, model, and plate number. After they leave the scene, if they left a note, I verify the information on the note and leave my contact information as a witness, just in case. If the person leaves no note, I leave the information for the parked car. Now, with cameras so handy, I would be temped to take a picture if I could get one. The only way that a hit and run in a parking lot can be squashed, is if people act to prevent it....even if the person acting is a witness.
See, now that's a good person. More people need your attitude. Ive gotten hit twice while parked and no notes were left. Well no im lying, one note was left but it wast any help. Leaving a note saying 'sorry about your hitch' doesn't really count. It doesn't help, jerk. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,968 Posts
It does suck but it's not worth trying to fix it. There are a ton of bumpers out there that are inexpensive or even free. If you can, now is the time for the off road bumper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SeaComms said:
I am sure someone on here will have one lying around in a corner of their shed not being used that you could pick up for next to nothing.
That's a great idea. I'd love to get an offroad bumper, but the money isn't there haha. What would a reasonable price be for a used bumper that's in good condition?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,084 Posts
That's a great idea. I'd love to get an offroad bumper, but the money isn't there haha. What would a reasonable price be for a used bumper that's in good condition?
Should be the cost of shipping. Most people get sick of hanging on to them. Do you need a front bumper without tow hooks or fog light holes? :whistling:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
I'm hoping to install a new bumper next week. Take the stock 2011 Sahara one and put it next to the side steps I pulled Saturday.
Looks nice piled in my shed. LoL

Once both are off I'll list them for sale. They are only 300 miles old.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,392 Posts
If you have a heat gun you can drill a hole in the back of the bumper (1/2") and while you heat up the front you can stick a wood dowel thru the hole and work the dent out. My friend and I did it to his bumper. It's not perfect but it's much better than a dent
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
I have the funniest ending to a hit and run.....



So last year my jeep was the victim of a hit and run on my college campus. I was behind a car that pulled off to the right and then proceeded to do an illegal u-turn across the lane as I came closer. I pushed in his entire driver side of his pontiac firebird. He then shit himself and drove off because he was terrified. I called the police and filed the paperwork, give him the license plate, yadda yadda yadda....anyways....about 3 hours later I get a call from the police officer saying the other driver came to the spot and then proceeded to call 911 claiming he was the victim of a hit and run. So the same police officer came out to the scene and proceeded to laugh in his face...long story short, he got in lots of trouble with the po-po and his momma...hahaha


anyways, I was able to pull out the dent in the corner of my bumper by drilling holes and putting screws in and pulling those out...looks like wear and tear so its not a bad look for the jeep until I get it replaced with an off road bumper
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
I only had my Jeep for a week and someone hit my front bumper and put a big scrape on it and a stress mark in the plastic where it was hit. It's given me an excuse to find a nice aftermarket bumper to replace it with. People do suck though. How can you just hit someone, cause damage, and then just keep going. :facepalm:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39,143 Posts
GOJEEP007 said:
I only had my Jeep for a week and someone hit my front bumper and put a big scrape on it and a stress mark in the plastic where it was hit. It's given me an excuse to find a nice aftermarket bumper to replace it with. People do suck though. How can you just hit someone, cause damage, and then just keep going. :facepalm:
I agree! Stuff like that makes me lose faith in people. Plus who could hurt a jeep?!
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top