Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as im sure you have seen the news about hurricane sandy im in virginia and gol lots of wind and rain and thought my 1989 jeep wrangler with the half doors would be fine but i was looking to go out init and it had a puddle in the passenger side floorboard. where is the watter coming from?

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
There is a tube on the firewall which may be clogged it is the vent drain from in front of the windshield. It lloks like a radiator hose on the passenger side of the firewall next to the heater core hoses. See if it is clogged with something.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I had same exact problem. Clearing hose worked perfect.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Is there any mods to reroute that hose or remove or something cause my feet always get wet no matter how many times I clean it

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
Your cowl seal is probably bad as well, mine does the same thing and it will be getting replaced soon. Also, cut the bottom pinched part of that tube off so it can't trap dirt anymore

·
Registered
523 Posts
Do u need the tube....or could I just get rid of it ans yea im still getting around to do the windshield frame don't know how long it will take and the weather isn't really helping

·
Registered
635 Posts
There is a bunch of electrical on that side of the engine. Better leave the tube. If you want you can cut the end off but if its clean it should function fine.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What I did to mine was got some tubing about the same diameter and hose clamped it to where the original tube went. Then bought some wire best and wrapped it around the bottom open end of the hose, to keep things from going up in there. More free-flowing than the original bottom clamped tube. Less likely to clog up too. Haven't had that problem since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts