Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dash lights turn off while running the jeep but not during power cycle. All EVIC lights are off when driven.

This past weekend, I installed hushmats on the body, added door hinges (star fabrication), rear seat spacers and limb risers from hood to roofline.

Put carpet back on and seats bolted back down.

The drive felt really nice after the hushmat installation (entire tub front to rear). Felt more 'solid.'

Anyway...Drove an hour and a half daytime and nothing was out of place. Later at night, I noticed my dash lights dimmer than usual. Couldn't google anything that can make it brighter. Didn't think any of it.

This afternoon, while I was driving, dash lights went away. Cruise control still worked despite all my dash lights not functioning.

Pulled over the highway and restarted the jeep. Same thing. Lights came back on but as soon as I drive, it blanks out.

What do you think is the cause? Grounding issue? Checked all plugs and everything seems to have installed correctly. Wondering if the hushmat installation had something to do with this. It has a metallic surface.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Is there any chance that you;
A. Dimmed the dashboard (the end of the headlight switch rotates, fully toward you I believe is dim, and away from you is bright, I think...)
B. Had the headlights on in the daytime?

That's the only thing I could think of besides messing up wiring in fiddling with the carpets.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I do remember a thread on here titled electrical gremlins. Do some research. He found a ground under the driver seat that was loose. Sounds like you may have disturbed it during installation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts