Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought my fan speed switch was bad since the fan would not run at any setting. Well, it would run on medium high if I wiggled it a bit. As my vent selector switch was also a little flaky I decided to replace the whole panel.
So now, the vent selector works fine, but the fan will only run on medium-high and high. Will not run on low or medium-low.
Could it be a bad blower motor? Any ideas on anything else it could be?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've already replaced the switch, that why I'm thinking blower motor is bad?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is a possibility.
Robot Check
It is. I saw a YouTube video that showed the exact symptoms i have- the fan will not run in the 1st two positions. Apparently, the resistors fail due to overheating. The video then sbows how to replace it. Pretty simple. I ordered a new one this morning.
Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Having a similar issue blower only works on highest setting. ALREADY replaced both the resistor and the setting switch....not sure what else it could be, any input would be great.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Could it be possible that somehow the resistor I got from the store is bad? Sometimes the air will work at a low setting for all 3 lower settings and sometimes it doesn't work at all...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts