Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to figure out if when I have the max cool (vent or AC) set on the temp dial is air still partially flowing through the heater core? (similar to how Ford designed the HVAC system in there 90's- 00's trucks)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump, anyone? Google searches don’t seem to be helping answer the question.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Just trying to figure out if when I have the max cool (vent or AC) set on the temp dial is air still partially flowing through the heater core? (similar to how Ford designed the HVAC system in there 90's- 00's trucks)
The blend door should be closing and essentially preventing any air from flowing across the heater core.

I dont know if the JK is setup like this diagram, but hopefully it gives you an idea:

What is a blend door? ? Ricks Free Auto Repair Advice Ricks Free Auto Repair Advice | Automotive Repair Tips and How-To

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
do you have a 2014 per chance. if so you have a defected HVAC controls.....

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Kind of a weird question for OP to ask without any reference as to why he is asking. My interpretation of the question leads me to be inclined to agree with you that he has some heat/cool related issue. Which seems unfortunately common on the JKs.

Heater core and blend door seem to be some common culprits.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its a 12, but im trying to determine if the HVAC system behaves like my truck does where even on cold the heater core still has air passing over it going into the cabin as part of the temp control set up (I have a non AC jeep if that matters)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts