Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, long time no post!
Here's whats wrong: My Fan for the HVAC (probably not the right term, but I hope you know what I mean.) seems to only work on Hi (4). On any other setting (1-3) it only kinda works, depending on how fast i'm going. If i'm going below 40 I don't get any air.
What do I need to do or check?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Common problem. Blower resistor needs replaced. $20-30 part
And pretty easy to replace. Need to do mine before winter too.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Common problem. Blower resistor needs replaced. $20-30 part
And pretty easy to replace. Need to do mine before winter too.

x2 i just had the same problem and changed the resistor blower out and works fine. u can get it at any part store normally just call around to get the best price

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
You may also have a vacuum leak...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok. So can someone shed some light on where about it is, and how to change it? If you have pics that would be nice to. Thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I can't say for sure as there's no info on model or year but on my 99 TJ it's in the passenger side compartment just below the glove box. 3 screws and that plastic plate comes down to reveal your resistor with 2 nuts and probably some burnt wires. Also there is your vacuum line for the vent door. Again, this is just for my 99 not sure about you but it's super common and supper easy to replace depending on how bad the wires are burned up. Autozoney sells these with a lifetime replacement so no worries there.

edit:It may be super easy to fix but for supper not a good endeavor

·
Registered
210 Posts
the new tj's are different then the older ones, but the video is for your jeep model. so you should be good to go. the one on my tj is differnet but they are all in the same place. yours looks like a credit card kind of

·
Registered
102 Posts
Good luck and let us know how you make out. I didn't watch the vid of the poster above me but check it out. I'm former PA in PR now miss the fall but love the ocean.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts