Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So this is my first post, but I have used this forum for extensive information including selecting and installing my lift choosing my tires and many other little things. I have searched all over and read tons of threads on the above topic, but none seem to fit exactly.

Here's what I have. Defrost vent only. I have looked at the diagrams and other posts and my #2 hose with the T is not connected to anything at all (photo 1). The port below the throttle body already has a hose connected to it and so I am at a total loss. I am going to try and attach pics of what I have going on.

In the last pic the hose with the green cap is right above the hose that is connected to the port where I think the detached hose goes?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
▄▌ee▐▀
1,791 Posts
The line with the green cap is for your evap system, Id leave it where it is connected.

The diagram above wont help you because that is the vacuum diagram for a 4.0 6 Cyl and it appears you have a 4 Cyl?

Take a look at this diagram and look behind the throttle body, not below it for an open port as the line is routed differently in your model.

If you still cannot find anything, post back with your year and engine so we might be able to help with more information.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The jeep is a 2000 and it is a 4 cyl. Sorry I meant to put that in the original post. I have seen both of those diagrams and they do not help. I checked the back of the throttle body and there is nothing there (see pic). I also tried moving the hose around to where it would reach looking for something to connect it to, but cannot find anything.

Attachments

·
▄▌ee▐▀
1,791 Posts
The jeep is a 2000 and it is a 4 cyl. Sorry I meant to put that in the original post. I have seen both of those diagrams and they do not help. I checked the back of the throttle body and there is nothing there (see pic). I also tried moving the hose around to where it would reach looking for something to connect it to, but cannot find anything.
Take another pic of everything to the right of your pic.

·
Registered
284 Posts
There is a vacuum line in the dash that changes the flow from floor to dash to defrost. Mine was loose or completely off and the dealer I bought it from fixed it for nothing

·
Registered
470 Posts
Not trying to play devils advocate but have you pulled your selector knob off just to make double sure it isn't cracked or worn just enough to keep the selector from moving? Happened to me and I swore the selector was fine, but it was slightly cracked and felt like it was was moving it...but it wasnt. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have went through everything under the dash and all is good, tight and as it should be. I also took apart the switch and checked it, it moves properly and is in perfect working order.

Here is a pic to the right

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts