Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi yall im new i have a 2011 jk unlimited and have 35 m/t on 20 rim. im a dd and its just not working for me. im wanting to go with a quieter, longer lasting, tire but want my cake and eat it to lol i wanna be able to go exploring. i have looked at the different ones and my husband has the ridge grapplers on his truck they sound good but i go go up north alot to see family etc and there is snow so dont know if that would work. My brother suggests cepek fun country but they are pricy but he says they handle well plus it says they have great sidewalls. so i was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or pro vs con list yet on the hybrids. i just want to get the most for my money the first time lol. ps i drive in a lot of rain also down south.

·
Super Moderator
15,894 Posts
Check out the Goodyear Duratrac, great on rain and snow and quiet (IMO)
For a better ride, and better off road, consider ditching those 20" wheels for some 17".

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/wrangler-duratrac

Good luck! :thumb: and Welcome to the forum! :welcome: :wavey:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what about size of tire stay 35? i only want to make this a one time shop lol that why i asking for experienced help figured yall have already worked out the kinks thanks for help i do drive through flooding occasionally also if anyone can think what else i need to be looking at before i blindly break something

·
Super Moderator
15,894 Posts
My wife had 315/70/17 (almost 35") Duratracs on her '16 (since wrecked) they rode perfect IMO. I wanted them to have a little more noise, they were very quiet but still good off road and still aggressive looking.

·
Registered
66 Posts
For a "cake and eat it too" tire, definitely check out Mickey Thompson ATZ P3. Looks and handles like a mud tire off road; quiet and long lasting on pavement. Quadratec has great pricing with forum discount and MT has a rebate going on as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts