Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I'm hoping you might be able to help.

I have just received my new Hydraulic clutch system. It isn't pre bled but it does have a bleed nipple. My questions to you lovely people is in the master cylinder reservoir there is a removable rubber well. This fits perfectly into the cap, but there are no holes so it isn't a filter. It takes up almost all of the reservoir so I'm not sure what it's for. Can I remove it? It's not on my old system either.

I can't seem to find anything online about it either.

Thanks

B4RM4N

·
Registered
314 Posts
You should bleed the system using by manually actuating/depressing the slave cylinder while the cap is off of the master cylinder. Do not use the bleed port.

Remove the rubber plug from the Master cylinder before filling with fluid. Once the system has been bled, replace the rubber plug and install the cap onto the Master Cylinder. Some people have punched holes in the rubber plug, but do not do this.

Keep searching . . . I recently replaced my master and slave cylinders and there are a few good threads about how to bleed the system via repeatedly depressing the slave cylinder.

Good luck,

Mike L.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts